A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Tenth question
Tenth question  [message #63818] Tue, 14 September 2010 20:31 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Hermes wrote:
> I left the general area where I lived so I wouldn't readily be recognized. Eventually I met up with some other boys about my age and a little older who also lived on the streets. They kind of taught me what I needed to know.

Yes, that paragraph was key to making sure that what I truly want to know is somewhat further down and is irrelevant!

Why do you think only Saben and I are asking you questions?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Tenth question  [message #63833 is a reply to message #63818] Wed, 15 September 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I think it's because you keep snapping up all the interesting ones, timmy.

I've really only asked one question (and related questions). But I've found the responses interesting. I'm sure that a lot of people are having their questions asked for them.

I think maybe some people are worried about this coming off like an interrogation or they can't relate to the experiences so they aren't comfortable responding.

I don't claim to speak for anyone else. But if I hadn't responded they might be some reasons why!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
That I'm "chicken" could never be said of me.  [message #63840 is a reply to message #63818] Wed, 15 September 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Any reticence I may have in asking questions of you would speak to the more prurient ... and let's be honest about it, baser nature within me.

My eldest son Alan came to be living with me directly from the streets of East Toronto, whereas the second Paul a somewhat more convoluted path; but, it could well have been from the street had he not approached me when he did; whereas my ward Ryan came from a jail-cell after a court mandated residency in my home; this subsequent to my having come to know him, and of him, from his living off the same streets.

Years of living in the heart of the gay ghetto in downtown Toronto after Jon's death, and my only having to drop a line from the 14th-floor balcony to troll the streets below my then residence next door to Maple Leaf Gardens provides me a perspective on your young life that few here would ever likely acquire.

I think that Timmy, and now by extension, Saben, are both doing a grand job of asking all the right questions; and largely in just the right order too.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Wed, 15 September 2010 15:39]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
I have never forgotten that ...  [message #63841 is a reply to message #63840] Wed, 15 September 2010 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... under somewhat different circumstance, I could very well have been one of the misshapen and, too, found myself living "the life" as you delicately put it.

That I had my grandfather's influence for ensuring that never happened is a testament to the dedication he and his predecessors within the family, and their coterie of business interests, placed, and instilled, upon both my elder brother and I, and sundry ancillary progeny in the value of community service and the welfare of those around us. We were never, ever, allowed to forget who we were, where we had come from, or where our intended responsibilities lay. It was drummed into us from the moment we could walk, let alone speak; something I've addressed in another thread here within recent memory.

That, I, in later life may live in somewhat diminished financial circumstance is important only peripherally to my family's generations long commitment to to that service; I needn't live as I do; one telephone call made to the Foundation (upon whose Board of Directors both my brother and I nominally, and very much ex-officio, hold seats) my Grandfather established just prior to his passing would see me right; but, that is not our way. My circumstances today are solely those of my own making, and largely poor judgment and ill-advised business advice; my two sons, and now Ryan, are well provided for under terms of an agreement made with that Board in the event of my death, this effected shortly after the second had been formally adopted.

There, too, are likely others here, lurking about in the shadows afraid and cowled by non-existent, yet in their mind fully perceived inadequacies with which they have been bullied and harassed from the earliest of ages. One in particular who comes to mind, long absent now because of his recalcitrant behaviours, would know well, and whereof what you speak, as he too lived a period in "the life" and somewhat decidedly more if my knowledge of him is to be believed.

I have done nothing to be lauded for; I'm simply a caretaker standing vigil over the legacy that my Grandfather, and generations before him, wraught. Charity begins within the home, and those nearest to us. If we, as individuals, can but change the life of one disadvantaged individual in our lifetime; this multiplied many tens of thousands, tens of millions times over, by the collective goodwill of all humankind, then my Grandfather's "human" vision will endure long after I, and those like me, and like he, have passed away.

None of us, have the authority to effect change on any global scale; but, we all hold within our grasp the capability to change but one.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Tenth question  [message #63847 is a reply to message #63833] Wed, 15 September 2010 17:31 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have been quite slow to ask the questions I have wanted to ask

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Sneaky Homosexual Agenda Towards Kids
Next Topic: Twelfth Question
Goto Forum: