A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Aussie Olympic Diver Is A Role Model For Youth
icon6.gif Aussie Olympic Diver Is A Role Model For Youth  [message #63991] Thu, 23 September 2010 23:07 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

By Desmond Rutherford (Adelaide, Australia) SEPT 24 | Olympic gold medalist and champion diver Matthew Mitcham has teamed up with Australian supermarket chain Coles, appearing on the Coles sponsored Master Chef series as part of an advertising campaign promoting good food and healthy eating.

From the Coles ad campaign:

We follow Matthew Mitcham, the Australian diver, on the road to the Delhi Commonwealth Games. We get to know Matthew through the eyes of his support network, learning what it takes to become the great athlete he is... And Curtis Stone will uncover the secret recipes of success -- the meal that Matthew has grown up with to help him compete for Australia.

I was certain I had replied to this thread ...  [message #64021 is a reply to message #63991] Fri, 24 September 2010 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... low and behold, it's not here. I have to wonder why? It's not that it was snide, or in any way untoward; in point of fact, I was rather favourable in your country's very obvious support of the New Delhi Games; which given the nasty publicity it is receiving in the North American media is sort of nice.

Good luck to your athletes, and to all those who chose to attend.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: I was certain I had replied to this thread ...  [message #64023 is a reply to message #64021] Fri, 24 September 2010 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I took nothing away.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Then either a blonde moment or early onset ...  [message #64025 is a reply to message #64023] Fri, 24 September 2010 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

... Alzheimer's I be supposing. I know I wrote the damn thingie; but, with one goings on and another around my household at the moment, I guess I simply forgot to hit the "save" button. As my youngest is fond of saying, "Shit happens!"

About the Games: coverage in Canada, both through our own media and those U.S. Networks we receive here, these Commonwealth Games are not being well received, even before they open. All we keep hearing about are the inadequate (or not yet finished) Athlete's Facilities, the threats of security, disease transfer, and whatnot. Sad really, we could take a page out of the book the Australians are evidently using, and focus more on the athletes themselves and perhaps the journey they've made in order to get there.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2010 20:01]

Found it, and you'll likely never guess where?  [message #64028 is a reply to message #64025] Fri, 24 September 2010 20:44 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

Mystery solved.

I did hit save after all; but not here; at another web-site I very occasionally visit, and where I had encountered this item before seeing it here.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2010 20:44]

Previous Topic: are you scared yet?
Next Topic: To be absolutely fair about it, it would now appear ...
Goto Forum: