A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Heartfelt posts
icon14.gif Heartfelt posts  [message #6401] Thu, 05 December 2002 12:08 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have been looking, in a sort of avuncluar way, at the various posts on this board. The recent spate of minor accusations prompted my looking. And now I have something to say:

ALL posts made from the heart are welcome.

ALL posts made by a person in pain are welcome when they describe the pain and are worded to try to cause no-one else pain. Accidents are forgiven.

ALL posts made to show a fear are welcome.

ALL posts which try to ask a poster to explain him/herself are welcome.

I have NO intention of "moderating" any post except if it is downright rude, offensive, or obscene. And if this IS the case I will usually attempt to talk to the poster first, though I do not guarantee this

Let us remember, one and all, that this place is designated to be a safe place. It is not the design that makes it so. It is our actions. Posting from the heart is one of the actions that makes this place safe. That is not the same as a knee jerk reatcion. "From the heart" means that great thought has been given to the topic.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
I will try my best. My friend says you are his friend  [message #6403 is a reply to message #6401] Thu, 05 December 2002 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

He said you would never do anything to hurt anyone. The other guys at school are always saying things in the hall. I cant hardly go to the bathroom if i need to because i dont want to be caught in a place alone. they filled my locker with this foam shit and now i have to get new books and stuff. the only place i can go without seeing any of them around is the library in my town. when i had to go to the mall with my parents some of them yelled things at me and i know thay heard everything. i just wanted to crawl into a hole. now at home they only talk to me whrn they have to. it is like they are afrade to say the wrong thing or something. my dad isnt mean to me he just isnt like he was before it happened and i think that hurts most of all. one guy said before on here i should talk to the teachers and i tried to once. the teacher said he couldnt do anyhting unless he saw something himself. i dont know what to do.
Parents are often scared to hurt  [message #6404 is a reply to message #6403] Thu, 05 December 2002 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Of course you know your parents. I do not. I just think maybe they are waiting for you to come and talk to them.

I have no idea of your home background, nor of the underlying religious stance of your family, nor their attitude to a son who may be more comfortable in a male relationship than a female one. I have no idea if you live in "redneck hicksville, USA" or "Gayfriendly City", so am unsure how to support you.

In general a parent loves their child above all other issues. There are sad exceptions. But in general a parent asked for help is one who is unlikely to refuse it.

Teachers are complex people. Is there a school counsellor who might be more use?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
I just read your post and it breaks my heart  [message #6412 is a reply to message #6403] Thu, 05 December 2002 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

I'm president of a college gay/straight alliance and have talked to lots and lots of high school students who are in abusive - even life threatening school situations.

If you would like to talk to about it, I would like to help you. Please send me an e-mail at

xcrzypunx@hotmail.com

or IM me if you see me on line.

My IM name is crzypunx

I'm really sorry that you are going thru this. *hugs*
icon14.gif a bit about Lance  [message #6427 is a reply to message #6412] Fri, 06 December 2002 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

Drew - In case you are wondering, Lance has "been around" for at least 2 years (as long as I have) but probably much longer. Here's my experience, what I can vouch for and several here will confirm.

He has his own web site and message board and is a college student who is well-connected and is VERY knowageable about high school situations, being completely out in school himself and talking to many many kids. My point is, you really probably can't find anyone safer or more informed on the net to talk to. I do think timmy is a very close runner-up (no offence - I love you more - heh heh) and he also has a parent's perspective, but Lance is also much "more visible" and closer to your age if that helps - truly an advocate for young gays in every sense.

For ME, this board is more of a "community" than Lance's and certainly less political (again, no offense - I still love you, Lance - don't tell JJ!) but I have the feeling there is more off-line "community" between most members there, so it's just different, I guess.
Re: Assholes that think that foam is funny  [message #6431 is a reply to message #6403] Fri, 06 December 2002 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darren is currently offline  Darren

Likes it here

Your posts touch me more than others because the Kid that lived behind me went through much the same thing. Unfortanetly, at the time I was much to deeply closeted and lacked the self confidence to even talk to him about it. He was not really my friend. Regardless, this is a regret that I cary forward even to today (some 20 yrs later).

Anyway, have you considered telling your parents "everything". For instance: how you feel, how it hurts you, what they did, etc... As Timmy says, we don't know them as well as you, but I know now that I could have approached my parents on these issues and they would have helped me.

I wish you the best, and use that foam to send them a dead fish in the mail ... just a thought.

Darren
icon9.gif I have experience of finding things in my locker too.  [message #6432 is a reply to message #6403] Fri, 06 December 2002 17:48 Go to previous message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

Drew,

I'm so sad to hear what your life's like. I had a helpless dad too, and I've had books trashed in my locker too, not because of foam, but because the masonite panel on the back had come loose in the corner and of course I had the corner locker. It looked like a tornado had passed through almost every time I opened it. Of course, I never saw who did it.

I grew tired of having books ruined and actually bought two mousetraps which I set up at the back so any hand that fumbled about in there would get a nasty surprise. Stupid me though, I told a classmate about it, and next break not only did it look like a tornado had passed through, I found a piece of fried mackerel fillet from the cafeteria in each of the mouse traps.

My so-called "classmate" laughed his ass off about that and asked what my thoughts were on how those mackerels had swum their way into my locker. Pretty obvious answer to that one I guess... Well, in a way those traps served their purpose, at least I got to know ONE of those who liked to fuck up my books.

So you're not alone in this buddy. Whatever we can do to help, we'll do it.

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Previous Topic: Further on the subject of happiness...a happy song...hehehe
Next Topic: My job disciplinary appeal
Goto Forum: