A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > This is Just BULLSHIT!
icon8.gif This is Just BULLSHIT!  [message #64041] Sun, 26 September 2010 03:47 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

I am so fed up with the uptight Americans and their screwed up notions of how sex ought to be. Look, I raised my boys to be respectful, be aware, and my number one rule was "WRAP-IT, before you TAP-IT!" Why? Because I'm fully aware that teenagers are gonna do it no matter what, and instead of being a brain-dead religionist spouting nonsensical crap that is gonna be ignored, parents and other responsible adults need to be proactive and smart about discussing sex with kids.
This following piece by San Jose Mercury-News & ABCNews once again shows why adolescents in the United States are so screwed up on reproductive issues: [Oh one more thing, as you watch the video now just imagine if, instead of daughter. it was son...]

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 03:50]

Re: This is Just BULLSHIT!  [message #64042 is a reply to message #64041] Sun, 26 September 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

Brody, I'm seeking a little clarification on your comments.
Are you critical of the girls father, the cop, because he objects to his young daughter having sex?

Are you critical of the video itself because you don't consider it newsworthy?

In your research did you learn the age of the boy and girl involved?

In your first sentence you make this an “American” issue but are you aware that this area of California is predominantly Latino and therefore your “brain-dead religionist” comment is much more accurate?

I know you have sons but do you have a daughter?

Have you ever known a girl who became pregnant while in high school and the life-altering impact it had on her entire family?

How do you feel about the Americans who teach their children as you do, to use protection when they engage in sex?

I look forward to your expanded coverage of this item.
JimB
icon4.gif this is a challenge to a fight  [message #64043 is a reply to message #64042] Sun, 26 September 2010 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It masquerades as a valid comment, but it is not. I know you to be clever and subtle and I see this as devious behaviour. The video itself makes things perfectly clear.

Challenges to a fight are, as you would expect, a behaviour that is inappropriate here.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon5.gif Re: This is Just BULLSHIT!  [message #64044 is a reply to message #64041] Sun, 26 September 2010 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

OK, am I the only one that didn't get the link to the video???

Never mind, I found it:
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_16166989?nclick_check=1

In any city, under any circumstances this police officer was wrong. To appear armed and in uniform without specific instructions from a superior to enter into this situation he was wrong.

He could have very well gone down to his police station and filed a complaint, requested the boy be arrested and allowed that to occur. But by taking matters into his own hands he was wrong. Intimidation of a juvenile, handcuffing the boy and all the things he said are wrong (have I said that enough?)

Yes the boy had sex with his daughter, but last time I checked unless there was a rape then the girl was just as willing. Sure his daughter did the wrong thing according to her father, but that is a family issue.

By threatening the boy about messing with a "cop's daughter" this officer deserves to be removed from his position of authority. He went about it the wrong way and I would not be happy having this self-styled vigilante on the street in my city.

The only good thing about this is that there doesn't appear to be any racial overtones, white cop, hispanic boy, that could have turned ugly. This does need to go to court where a judge can sit in rational judgement. For his part as a father, if the cop does prefer charges against the boy he's already screwed up by these actions. Someone call the ACLU.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 17:57]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: This is Just BULLSHIT!  [message #64045 is a reply to message #64044] Sun, 26 September 2010 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It can take a moment to load. It't embedded in the original post

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: This is Just BULLSHIT!  [message #64046 is a reply to message #64045] Sun, 26 September 2010 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Thank you, Timmy... I ran off and Googled it myself.

I do think Brody flew off the edge with his reaction, I get it, he's angry. But "boys will be boys" is hardly a good answer, condom or no condom.

If the cop is a religious man then I understand his anguish, but his actions did not speak to his religious viewpoint, they were irrational. And wrong (for the last time).

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: This is Just BULLSHIT!  [message #64048 is a reply to message #64041] Sun, 26 September 2010 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have many mixed feelings.

My first feeling is 'wrong cop'. The video is explicit on why.

My next is that we don't have the full story. Maybe the boy needed a shock. Deploying a big bulry uniform to shock someone can be a valid form of policing.

If I were the parent of the girl, would I have reacted in this manner? No. Unless the boy was a pest and needed something extra. But I'd have handled it differently.

My own son I supplied with unlimited condoms. I was more interested in protecting his health and her (I assumed her) health and preventing pregnancy.

I'm interested that the cop was unaware of the camera. Who was being set up here?

I find I trust the police less and less. That is wrong, but we all get the police force we deserve.

Life was so much better when our police could deliver a clip round the ear.

Or. presumably, a good beating in the cells. Ah wait, not that one.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 18:37]

The source "clip", without the ...  [message #64055 is a reply to message #64044] Sun, 26 September 2010 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... ABC News commentary is a little more clear about these proceedings; but, it is still by no means certain that this a false arrest, or not.

No matter how you slice it, unless charges were going to be truly laid, this is definitely the wrong way to go about things.

The cop (the girl's father), the errant youth's father (who is presumably present and complicit in this event) are both wrong.

How could the cop not have known that a recording was being made? Smartphone, or not, at that distance the camera would have to have been somewhat apparent to all involved.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 22:04]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
icon13.gif The BS continues...an update  [message #64072 is a reply to message #64041] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Now the situation has shaken itself out. The cop is suspended at the moment, the kids have been charged with having underage sex.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39380043/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

That last bit of information causes me concern. The boy is 15 and the girl 14, they are not adults, they are not even at the legal age of consent. They are mature children, at which point I throw up my hands and say "well, of course they would have sex if that was what they wanted."

But it is obviously a crime which leads me to ask "when is it not a crime?"

Are we to believe that they must wait until they are adults...married? Now the law seems to be based upon morality not reality, and we all know where the "moral" word comes from.

A shame really. This is an age where kids are not allowed to be taught about birth control, they are asked to abstain from sex. I hear the echoes of "pray to Jesus and keep it in your pants."

Of course...that means I am a criminal. I must be, I had sex with another boy at age 14. It wasn't anal sex but it was oral to the point of ejaculation for both of us. That would have been sodomy at a time when it was still illegal in the US. It is probably still illegal if the partners are underage.

Everything a child might entertain as sex is probably illegal, and that's why they don't talk about it. What a shame, that age is the perfect opportunity to openly discuss sexual behavior.

"Yes, Mrs. Feeblemind, Janet and I both suck dick. It gives us something to talk about in the lunchroom. Isn't education supposed to be all about sharing information?" Smile

Re: The BS continues...an update  [message #64073 is a reply to message #64072] Mon, 27 September 2010 16:54 Go to previous message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

I was surprised that the kids were charged with a crime. I'm not familiar with the particular state or municipal law involved but I suspect the answer to your question, Chris, as to when it would not be a crime is “the age of consent”. It gets even worse when one is over and the other under the AoC since the older can be charged as a sex offender.

I'm not sure if the cop's suspension is with or without pay but I doubt his punishment will be much more than a slap on the wrist.

JimB
Previous Topic: Re: Will wonders ever come to an end.
Next Topic: School Robs Teen Of Homecoming King Title
Goto Forum: