A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Re: Will wonders ever come to an end.
Re: Will wonders ever come to an end.  [message #64047] Sun, 26 September 2010 18:26 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Thank you Hermes, that is interesting (but just!) The whole catholic concept of saints is non-biblical, no-christian and non-sense!

On a related note, did you know that Mary Mackillop, (soon to be made a saint by Pope Beagle-eyes, after he has finished converting the heathen Brits), was once excommunicated from the church?

Her crime? Complaining about a paedophilc priest. His punishment? Relocated to Ireland where none of that sort of thing ever happened.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Documentary_suggests_nuns_were_excommunicated_for_exposing_paedophilic_priest?dpl_id=208402

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Will wonders ever come to an end.  [message #64049 is a reply to message #64047] Sun, 26 September 2010 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JimB is currently offline  JimB

Likes it here

Thank you, Kiwi, that was a very interesting article. I've failed to give enough thought to just how long the RC church has been covering up for paedophile priests.

JimB
icon13.gif It's NOT just Catholics.... From CNN ...  [message #64050 is a reply to message #64049] Sun, 26 September 2010 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

An admission made during the course of an interview on the emerging Pastor Long scandal, by respected and award winning journalist Don Lemon that he was a victim of a paedophile, speaks volumes about repressive religious practises and theologies that can and most likely do contribute to sexual abuse:

[Updated on: Sun, 26 September 2010 19:05]

Children have always...  [message #64051 is a reply to message #64049] Sun, 26 September 2010 19:24 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

... been seen by some folk as fair game. The largest organisation where abuse has been proven is the RC Church, probably because it is the largest organisation in the world (0.9 probability). It is by its acts after the abuse happened that we judge it.

Charles Dickens wrote Oliver Twist. Fagin was a Jew, of course, because Jews were a traditional hate figure. But he ran a flock of small boys. Before that the work house... Children had no rights.

He also wrote Nicholas Nickleby about, initially, Dotheboys Hall, a fearsome school in the wilds where boys were punished a lot.

Brigham Young is alleged to have had droit de seigneur over all the girls int he church.

Child abuse is a difficult topic. It is not a religion issue, but religions suffer from it the more so since they set themselves up as moral guardians. We only introduced the age of sexual consent at all relatively recently, certainly in the UK, and it was low, low, low.

There is the defence "She or he asked me to do it" and, to be fair, that will happen. Society does something else here, and makes the child feel awful guilt by punishing the adult.

We have created the problem because we have deprived children of the right to be heard and believed. And we have created the problem because we, collectively, are ashamed of anyone who coerces a child into sex.

In the UK we had a huge scandal in Cleveland not that many years ago with alleged satanic abuse of children. Many were ripped from their families on the whim of a social worker and abused in care!

Now I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

What I know for sure is that anyone who forces anyone else into any sexual act that they would not otherwise have done with that person deserves censure. I include lavish presents as force. I also know that anyone who conceals the acts of one of these people does it for some sort of gain, or to prevent loss. I see them as being as guilty as the perpetrator.

And I see modern media as wholly culpable in creating the victim status for many children who simply had gone unwillingly through an act that had not been one they wanted to perform (or perhaps willingly to an act they adored), and caused them enormous psychological problems in order to sell trashy tabloids, big broadsheets and media advertising space in news and documentary programmes.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: One in ten gay? No longer…
Next Topic: Re: Will wonders ever come to an end.
Goto Forum: