A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > "Neighbours"
"Neighbours"  [message #64111] Tue, 28 September 2010 16:02 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

The Australian soap is dealing with a boy coming out at the moment.

This probably only applies to the UK screening as the episodes can be months out of synch across the world. (Channel 5) Try getting it on the internet - Fivedemand, I think.

Hugs
N

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: "Neighbours"  [message #64114 is a reply to message #64111] Tue, 28 September 2010 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Care to keep us posted with a critique of the way it's handled?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: "Neighbours"  [message #64115 is a reply to message #64114] Tue, 28 September 2010 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Sorry, I only see it when I am at my father's house for lunch. I'm not around otherwise when it's on.

From today's episode it appeared that all his schoolfriends, girls and boys, were cool with it, except his best mate (Andrew Robinson) who told the gay guy he'd better keep clear of him in future.

I normally take a post-prandial nap when 'Neighbours' is on, but if I understood the storyline properly a text message told the group that one of them was gay, and then it came out who it was, but I don't know his name. He tried to explain how he found out, but it was not clear. Just that he was coming to terms with his feelings.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: "Neighbours"  [message #64126 is a reply to message #64115] Wed, 29 September 2010 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Goodness Nigel...this show has been aired for fifteen years!!!

I imagine the website will give Timmy a clue as to the plot:

http://www.neighbours.com/

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: "Neighbours"  [message #64130 is a reply to message #64126] Wed, 29 September 2010 17:52 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

The plot? It has a plot?

I am only interested in how it handles this element

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Timmy (and you too, Brody) have finally gotten my ire up.
Next Topic: Fitness Guru Scott Herman For The Trevor Project
Goto Forum: