A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession
icon5.gif Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession  [message #64299] Sat, 09 October 2010 18:26 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Look, I realise that at times it takes on the appearance that I am out to get religions... I'm not really as I do believe that folks should have a right to be spiritual and have faith for their own personal lives.

BUT, I draw the line when those religions attempt to unilaterally forcefully impose beliefs or contribute to bullying and human misery.

Having said that.... here's this bit of ludicrous nonsense:

Re: Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession  [message #64300 is a reply to message #64299] Sat, 09 October 2010 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have a friend I became reacquainted with after many, many years. He used to shag anything (female) that moved, and some who did not. Then, some years ago he contracted Jesus Fever. Today he runs a church in his home because the local extreme church is not rigorous enough for him.

He thinks that Hinduism and Buddhism are the work of Satan. He wrote to the local paper to say so. Three times! A local school was daring to teach kids about religions, plural, not christianity alone.

Telling him I'm gay has made him think hard! He'd never met a gay man before that he knew about, and never one he already liked. And he knows that I can't help being gay and that his god doesn't make mistakes. And he knows it was a shock to me to discover I'm gay. And he knows that I find males attractive just as naturally as he finds females attractive, and that he can;pt find males attractive and I can;t find females attractive. And he knows that you woudl be insane to choose to be gay.

But it doesn't sit with Jesus Fever

I've complicated his fundamental thinking.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession  [message #64305 is a reply to message #64299] Sun, 10 October 2010 04:02 Go to previous message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Actually Brody I never thought you were a candidate to get religion.
Oh wait a minute you didn't mean "get religious" you meant 'get' as in expose them for the closed minded belief systems that they are, I presume?

Like you I have no trouble with people believing in a deity of their choice, but I do have a problem when people respond to the sacred texts of their religions to condemn, convert, and kill those who do not follow their belief.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2010 04:05]

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Previous Topic: I am soooo going to hell... Here Tim!
Next Topic: Jesus Camp
Goto Forum: