A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Jesus Camp
Jesus Camp  [message #64302] Sat, 09 October 2010 21:50 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Yes, here is the whole thing. No I have not watched it all.

Now tell me, why is this not the offence of Grooming?

[Updated on: Sat, 09 October 2010 21:53]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon4.gif Re: Jesus Camp  [message #64304 is a reply to message #64302] Sat, 09 October 2010 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Tim? Don't bother watching all of it.... well unless you have an air sickness bag handy. Interesting that one of the so-called God's chosen people profiled was Reverend Ted Haggard who of course was forced out after it was revealed that he had a passion for smoking crack and sucking cock.
Re: Jesus Camp  [message #64306 is a reply to message #64302] Sun, 10 October 2010 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

The movie 'Jesus Camp' is an expose, of an extreme religious culture, just by letting the cameras roll on their activities. If people believe their practices are legitimate, rational, or justified, then they have somehow missed the point of the documentary.

Then again, people misconstrue religion's messages of peace and love everyday for the authoritarian rush they get from controlling people, not to mention the side benefits of such power over others.

Agnostic blessings on you all.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Re: Jesus Camp  [message #64308 is a reply to message #64304] Sun, 10 October 2010 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

Well I watched it all it was a sickening indoctrination of young children.

Part one ...'They are so usable in Christianity...
..Radically lying down their lives.
Part 4 .... Harry Potter is an enemy of G_d
...wash your hands (in response to if a kid ever cussed)
Part 5 ....This segment is not much different then that used by that Taliban.
Part 6 .... This means war, are you part of it or not?
...Mr.President is adored.
...Anti-abortionists ...sins of the nation...the children pray
Part 7 OMG!!! Can you say Indoctrination here? Wonders how many of these kids are gay.
... Ted Haggerty here.. what a joke!
Part 8... G-DS army? Taliban practices in rural America here, there is clearly that these folks are brainwashing these young children with an indoctrination. One of their last statements was one of equal freedom, not sure what that meant. I suffered with this one Timmy!
Antidote  [message #64309 is a reply to message #64302] Sun, 10 October 2010 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This is an antidote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

I'm not embedding it because, if I have it right, it will play all the segments one after the other

Religulous

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2010 09:51]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Antidote  [message #64310 is a reply to message #64309] Sun, 10 October 2010 10:46 Go to previous message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Yes I have watched this movie before and I approve this movie.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Previous Topic: Yoga is a Gateway to Demonic Possession
Next Topic: Anthem for Getting Better.
Goto Forum: