A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I suspect US LGBT folk meed cheering up after the rout
I suspect US LGBT folk meed cheering up after the rout  [message #64689] Wed, 03 November 2010 14:24 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

A song of praise

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Re: I suspect US LGBT folk meed cheering up after the rout  [message #64690 is a reply to message #64689] Wed, 03 November 2010 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I can't imagine what you mean, Timmy. The citizens here have been getting it up the behind for years, decades. We have all become so used to bending over and taking it up the ass for the glory of our flag. The nice thing about the new bunch in our Congress is that they are closer to their assholes than most...thanks for the smile.

FYI: we now have some months to contemplate how bad things will become when the new folks step into office. It will allow these radical voices of conservatism (there's irony for you) to thrill us with their new ideas for the coming year.

Two years from now we might see a Presidential ticket of Rand Paul and Sarah Palin, how delighted the Christ-o-facists will be. Except that Rand Paul is all for refusing visas to people from the Middle East. I imagine if Jesus decided to pay us a visit he would be turned away at the border. ;-D

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: I suspect US LGBT folk meed cheering up after the rout  [message #64692 is a reply to message #64690] Wed, 03 November 2010 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

Chris James wrote:

Except that Rand Paul is all for refusing visas to people from the Middle East.

Oh gee! I'll NEVER get to the USA now! Sad

J F R

[Updated on: Wed, 03 November 2010 16:49]

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
icon9.gif Ouch! My Pancreas!  [message #64693 is a reply to message #64689] Wed, 03 November 2010 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

In many of my local races, on my ballot, I had to leave the voting space blank. My choices were Republican candidate or Tea Party candidate. And a lot of independants I've never heard of before.

I feel like a man with a picked pocket, getting a wedgie in a tornado of manaquinn hands. Surprised Mad Confused?? :-[

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
icon8.gif A little too late, but the evidence is damning.  [message #64708 is a reply to message #64693] Thu, 04 November 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

And the tea party folks think that they are using good common sense? I guess they need to umm, what's that word, you know the one that means a headache with pictures about old stuff.... oh yeah, remember!

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Re: A little too late, but the evidence is damning.  [message #64710 is a reply to message #64708] Thu, 04 November 2010 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I fear this is a very stupid campaign. Telling folk not to do something puts that thing into the forefront of their minds. And then they go and do it.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A little too late, but the evidence is damning.  [message #64711 is a reply to message #64710] Thu, 04 November 2010 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Having just finished covering this mid-term cycle and quite frankly I am completely knackered... But, I need to add a bit to this thread, but since the piece is copyright and my reprint permission is specific to my webpage and a young queer activity's webpage I'll direct you there:

[ http://queertoday.com/profiles/blogs/lgbt-community-what-now?xg_source=activity ]

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2010 21:29]

icon3.gif Re: A little too late, but the evidence is damning.  [message #64716 is a reply to message #64710] Fri, 05 November 2010 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Perhaps it is a bit negative, but I think that there is a theme here that we need to keep in mind. Americans have a wierd propensity to be shortsightedly forgetful and yet very emotional about things when you say "Remember" loud enough. As evidence, I offer both the yellow journalism of the Spanish American war and that little Mexican-Texican situation, involving the Alamo.

Re: A little too late, but the evidence is damning.  [message #64717 is a reply to message #64716] Fri, 05 November 2010 03:36 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

We can all fit into California, where Gov S was replaced by Jerry Brown, and the list of Democratic victories have taken some of the hurt of the elections. In fact the West Coast seems to have some bits of smarts left. I'll need to get a passport though to travel through other parts of the USA, like AZ TX KY to name a few.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Run... Run with scissors!
Next Topic: Shameless Plug!
Goto Forum: