A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I told mom this afternoon.
I told mom this afternoon.  [message #6483] Sun, 08 December 2002 23:37 Go to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

She said it doesnt matter. She said that it is more important to be myself for my self than to be someone that other people thinks I should be. Then she cried and said if I was not careful with things and didnt think about what could happen by being careless she would never forgive me.

Then later dad had a talk with my principal from school and they called me in after and talked to me about the kind of things going on. I told them about the names the kids call me and everything. He said I would get a new set of books. He also said that the crap is going to stop and that no one should have to put up with being bullied at school.

I feel numb all over. It has been one heck of a weekend.
Re: I told mom this afternoon.  [message #6485 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the scholar is currently offline  the scholar

Toe is in the water

I am so very happy and relieved that you were able to talk things through with both your parents and that the principal of your school has been so understanding. What you have done has taken a lot of courage and it is understandable that you feel numb all over. The hard part is over - I congratulate you on this achievement, now comes the rest of your life and I, for one, wish you every happiness and ask you to remember that the people here in "A Place of Safety" are your friends - whatever the issue may be, you can always talk to us - somewhere, someone can help, while the rest of us will of support and encouragement. You're not alone.

Stephen
icon7.gif Simply amazing :)  [message #6486 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

Drew, I'm so happy for you. Everything is going to be worked out, and everything will finally be alright. You took a big step and now you are being rewarded for it. Smile

Once again, you truly are my inspiration. I might just come out to the rents soon, too. I don't know. But you're one amazing kid. Smile

Big hugs, Drew. Smile

-Tom Wink

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
Thanks.  [message #6487 is a reply to message #6485] Mon, 09 December 2002 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I know Im not alone now. Im sorry I messed up before.
icon7.gif You never messed up before  [message #6488 is a reply to message #6487] Mon, 09 December 2002 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You were just all prickles trying to survive. Now survival is assured. Welcome home, Drew.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif That is SO Great !!  [message #6489 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

Terrific,Drew Smile
Your dad, your mom and the principal all in one weekend. WOW!!! I know that everything will improve now and your life will be all smiles.
You were very brave and courageous,Drew. You have my admiration and respect.
{{hugs}}
smith
icon7.gif AWESOME! Good for you and your parents.  [message #6490 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body
Re: I told mom this afternoon.  [message #6492 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tim...of usa is currently offline  tim...of usa

Likes it here

hey drew,
i dont now how to express how truyl and totally happy i am for you. you stood up for yourself and took charge of your life that is so way kewl bro.

another thing bro, i dnot know if you realize it or not but you comming here and telling us what was ans is going on in your life is helping others. you said you were going to go back to lurking...well i am sure that there are some lurking right now and you being honest and open here shows them that anything is possible. i am so gald that you did not go back to lurking...WE NEED YOU RIGHT HERE BRO.

peace
tim...of USA
icon7.gif Re: I told mom this afternoon.  [message #6494 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Wow dude. What a step you took, and sounds like things will only get better. I really need to apologise like smith did. I saw something wrong, and stepped in. I guess were all trying to protect our friends and well family here. I hope I just didn't scare you away from possibly getting to be online friends. Marc mentioned that you were chatting with him, while he was chatting with me. He's one of my friends, so you picked a good guy to chat with. Well, enough of that stuff. Well done dude.

Brian
The tough part is coming  [message #6498 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashley is currently offline  ashley

Likes it here

I spose ppl will be angry and think I am being a shit but, the easy part was telling your Mum and Dad, the hard part is now to make YOU accept YOU?

I know of what I speak Drew, I am still trying. I thought that telling my Dad after what I did would kill him and make me stay longer in the Hospital I was in. It wasnt as bad as I expected and found something I didnt think I was entitled to, LOVE unconditional.

Just now, tell Drew that he is a GOOD person and is worthwhile. That is a HUGE start and just go on from there. YOu may never fully stop ppl calling you names and such but if you are pleased with WHO Drew is, it wont matter.

Enuf of my sombre reply. A Huge amount of hugs from ME and Da bois and a SMile to teach you the value of them. Smile

People have a habit of changing your direction through life
icon7.gif Yeah, welcome home, Drew!  [message #6500 is a reply to message #6487] Mon, 09 December 2002 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

*Whee!*

This is just lovely to hear, all of it. I'm happy for you, and relieved it went well.

I hope you understand it is unlikely the idiots at school will stop harassing you all at once, and that even if they do, they may try to resume their old nasty habits after a while, so you need to make sure the school keeps an alert eye looking out for you, and for those people too. Don't let them forget.

And please, stay and talk to us, you have become very important to all of us!

Stay and be our friend... And, thanks for telling us of what is happening in your life. Take care!

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon7.gif Re: I told mom this afternoon.  [message #6502 is a reply to message #6483] Mon, 09 December 2002 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

Drew,

Work and other considerations have kept me away from the message board pretty much since last weekend, so I wasn't really aware of what's been going on with you until now. So now, for what it's worth, I'd like to add my "tuppence" (this mb does originate in England, after all!).

I am so happy for you, for many reasons. For one, the way things have gone so well for you with both your parents and your principal, especially after all that worry. You are very lucky, you know; there are a lot of people your age who share your situation but face nothing but rejection. For another, your realization that this message board isn't such a bad place after all, that even though the occasional spat may arise (again, as in any family!), you should always be able to count on finding friendship, affirmation and (above all) respect here. As vital as all this support is, Drew, I think the most meaningful input comes from those who are in your own age group. It is safe to say that they are going through a lot of the same things you are going through (to say the least); and despite that (or perhaps even because of that), they are ready, willing and eager to offer you their friendship and encouragement: something for which they should be most highly commended, and something from which you can perhaps derive the greatest benefit.

I hope you remain a "regular" here, Drew. As those who have been here awhile already know, I find the postings from the younger participants are always most enlightening, as they allow us "older" participants to see things from a different (but most valid) point of view.

Best of luck, Drew! Do, please, keep us posted!

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
icon14.gif Oh, by the way...  [message #6503 is a reply to message #6502] Mon, 09 December 2002 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

Postscript for Ashley:

I love "Smiley"! I hope it brought a big smile to everybody's face (it sure brought a big smile to mine)! Thanks, mate!

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
Several tough parts are coming  [message #6516 is a reply to message #6498] Tue, 10 December 2002 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

But they are coming with backup. Ashley is right about self image. I think yours wavered for a bit. Now you need to spend time rebuilding you, like he says

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Im not sure what you mean.  [message #6517 is a reply to message #6516] Tue, 10 December 2002 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body
icon7.gif let me try.......  [message #6519 is a reply to message #6517] Tue, 10 December 2002 02:12 Go to previous message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

if I may.

Drew~
I think Ashley simply means that you have discovered this past weekend that your dad and your mom are behind you. That they will give you the love and support that you need. That their love isn't based on what they would like you to be; but on what you are......who you are. That love is unconditional and will give you strength. But.............
You have to like yourself too. You've spent a long time hiding, ducking for cover and taking abuse that was totally unfair and enough to crush a boy's spirit. You need to find "you" and like "you" so that other people can like you too. It's easy to tell you to stand tall now that you have grownups behind you but you and I both know that it all has to come from you. They will support you but you have to be strong and find the person you want to be. Inside you is a marvelous individual, one who can give so much to the world. Take it easy and be proud of all that you've accomplished this weekend. Life has a way of going around and coming around........It's your turn. Smile

smith
Previous Topic: A little info on kevin (kcsincere)
Next Topic: From the "Ooops" Department
Goto Forum: