A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.
icon7.gif Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #64999] Thu, 25 November 2010 17:20 Go to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

This takes the cake, literally.

http://gothamist.com/2010/11/06/wsj_takes_a_look_at_the_turducken_o.php

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2010 17:32]

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
icon7.gif Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65002 is a reply to message #64999] Thu, 25 November 2010 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

What a wonderful idea, a spoon would be manditory. And after eating it I would suggest this:

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65015 is a reply to message #64999] Sun, 28 November 2010 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It sounds perfectly sane, except that it cooks badly in the middle

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65016 is a reply to message #65015] Sun, 28 November 2010 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I don't think it would cook poorly in the centre. The article says the pies are pre-baked and each of the pie filled cakes also baked separately and then layered. It looks like it might be fun to try, after all if eaten separately they would all eventually mix anyway and if you can't keep it down... well it would still pretty much look the same Smile

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65017 is a reply to message #65015] Sun, 28 November 2010 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

probably not as bad as this:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/29029-thanksgiving-turkey-cake

leftovers cake Razz Mad Mad

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65018 is a reply to message #65017] Sun, 28 November 2010 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It has good ingredients. Sounds fine to me.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65020 is a reply to message #65017] Sun, 28 November 2010 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

This one actually looks good. I may have to try it Smile

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
icon7.gif Re: Thanksgiving can be a time of extremes....food wise.  [message #65022 is a reply to message #65020] Sun, 28 November 2010 17:11 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

I can see this would be something good to do with the leftovers from Thanksgiving....Leftovers? Oh hell no, not in my mother's house. Razz

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: 65001
Next Topic: Advance Australia Fair
Goto Forum: