A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” Bill Author Coming To Washington
Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” Bill Author Coming To Washington  [message #65056] Sat, 04 December 2010 05:27 Go to next message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

D.C. Next Week

Don't understand why he is being allowed into the US.

More here:
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2010/12/02/28228#comments

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Re: Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” Bill Author Coming To Washington  [message #65057 is a reply to message #65056] Sat, 04 December 2010 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have no problem with his travel to the USA. He may have a few things explained to him, and a very personal TSA pat down would be amusing. I objected to his turning up at Barry's Prayer Breakfast. That was different, that was 'very official' and would have been some sort of a coup.

But having this nasty little bigot in the USA ought not to be an issue. What needs to happen is for all the folk against him to show him up for the little shit that he is.

We also have to remember that Uganda is just some tinpot little no account African nation. Much as I fear for the LGBT inhabitants there, their country just does not matter. It has no global significance.

Far better to turn our attentions to the mongers of hate and bloodshed who wash their hands of it when it gets uncomfortable, like the organisations just termed Hate Organisations. Why do they keep their charitable status?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Uganda’s “Kill The Gays” Bill Author Coming To Washington  [message #65063 is a reply to message #65056] Sat, 04 December 2010 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

The answer is quite simple EJ, he is an MP of a sovereign government and as such has diplomatic status same as an American Senator or Representative.
Ugandan MP Barred From Washington, D.C. Conference  [message #65071 is a reply to message #65056] Sun, 05 December 2010 17:37 Go to previous message
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

"According to Doug Hadden, the Vice President of Communications for the International Consortium of Governmental Financial Management, "David Bahati will not be attending this conference." Bahati, for his part, is still telling folks, that he is attending. But conference organizers have said they will not allow him to attend, and are hiring extra security to make sure that he cannot attend. An official statement from ICGFM says: "It is clear that his participation would be contradictory to our mission."

More here:
http://gayrights.change.org/blog/view/ugandan_politician_behind_kill_the_gays_bill_to_attend_us_conference

And here:
http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/2010/12/05/28244#comments

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
Previous Topic: A Special Treat For You Folks
Next Topic: Next Tuesday ......
Goto Forum: