A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Bacha Bazi US assisted?
Bacha Bazi US assisted?  [message #65110] Sun, 12 December 2010 00:55 Go to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Here is a different angle on a topic that I recall being posted here once before.

Texas company "helped pimp little boys to stoned Afghan cops":

http://tinyurl.com/35mpyns

Unfortunately it is not know how widespread the practice is. I still find it strange that a culture that abhors homosexuality embraces such a practice.

-Peter

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: Bacha Bazi US assisted?  [message #65111 is a reply to message #65110] Sun, 12 December 2010 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Peter, actually I was the one who posted the Frontline piece on this story not only here but on my own website.
[ http://brodylevesque.blogspot.com/2010/04/brodys-notes-pbs-frontline-dancing-boys.html ]

The complicit behaviour of Afghan authorities cannot be overlooked as this is still very much a wide spread practise in certain tribal areas.
But, the American government has not knowingly contributed to this problem although by supporting the Karsi government, things tend to get lost in the shuffle.

In 2007 I saw examples of this practise still very much evident during my time spent in country with our troops, British troops, and of course American units.

Brody
Re: Bacha Bazi US assisted?  [message #65112 is a reply to message #65111] Sun, 12 December 2010 06:05 Go to previous message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

I thought it was you who originally posted Brody, but didn't think to search the archives. I just came across this article and the subject came back to the forefront. I changed the IP region of my computer so that I could watch the video since it is region specific.

It blows my mind how peoples beliefs and convictions only hold true when it conveniences them.

-Peter

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Previous Topic: Is the truth drowning in a Papal See?
Next Topic: U.K. Copying U.S. style police state tactics?
Goto Forum: