A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Timmy, you need to let us know how the appeal went
Timmy, you need to let us know how the appeal went  [message #6512] Mon, 09 December 2002 18:12 Go to next message
Darren is currently offline  Darren

Likes it here

No Message Body
I don't KNOW yet  [message #6514 is a reply to message #6512] Mon, 09 December 2002 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

No Message Body

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Outcome  [message #6564 is a reply to message #6512] Wed, 11 December 2002 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Half way to what I hoped for. No, a third of the way. The "final written warning" remains on my file for an indefinite period" Howvever, the new item is that there will be a review with my line manager in 12 months time which is capable of lifting the warning, or of setting a new review date, based upon my behaviour in the intervening period.

Now this is not good, but not as bad as a verdict with no review at all. This means that my appeal and plea of mitigation has worked a little. The previous verdict had no review period at all.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Outcome  [message #6575 is a reply to message #6564] Thu, 12 December 2002 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nick is currently offline  nick

Likes it here

Sorry that the outcome wasn't more favourable. None of this seems fair, but at least the waiting and uncertainty are over.

Don't let the bastards get you down timmy.
Re: Outcome  [message #6587 is a reply to message #6564] Thu, 12 December 2002 09:50 Go to previous message
mt is currently offline  mt

Toe is in the water

Considering the entire situation from the beginning, not a thing about it is good but this is better as you said.
Previous Topic: Postcard from Sweden
Next Topic: Funny, altho perhaps not politically correct...
Goto Forum: