A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The solstice
The solstice  [message #65158] Mon, 20 December 2010 11:34 Go to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

The solstice will occur tomorrow, Tuesday, 21 December, at 23.38hrs GMT/UTC. It will take place over the Pacific Ocean in the area of Tonga.

Then our antipodean friends will have to start giving us the sun back. We do need it badly.

I think that's about twenty to four on Wednesday afternoon in NZ, Kiwi, if you can get yourself out of bed by then.

Hugs
Nigel

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 11:35]

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: The solstice  [message #65159 is a reply to message #65158] Mon, 20 December 2010 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Foiled again! I'll be out of bed by then, Nigel - i don't spend anywhere near enough time in bed, and that's my birthday!

You do need the sun. A guy in Birmingham, UK, says that the snow is dreadful this year. Ever since it started his wife has been standing looking through the window. If it gets any worse, he's going to have to let her in. ;-D

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
icon7.gif Re: The solstice  [message #65162 is a reply to message #65158] Mon, 20 December 2010 21:15 Go to previous message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Clear skies here in Florida for a change, I am going out to watch the eclipse of the moon tonight. Hmm, and the solstice is occuring at the same time...I imagine this would drive our ancestors crazy with concern.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Previous Topic: Do you wonder if your name is on the list?
Next Topic: Writers beware...at least in Florida
Goto Forum: