A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Now officially "no religion"
icon7.gif Now officially "no religion"  [message #66186] Thu, 22 September 2011 13:31 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Dear Saben,

Thank you for your email. I have enacted your request to have your name removed as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints effective as of the date of this letter.

The removal of your name cancels all the effects of baptism, confirmation and all other ordinances performed under direction of church authorities and the blessings associated with such.

Many Regards,
Stake President.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Now officially "no religion"  [message #66187 is a reply to message #66186] Thu, 22 September 2011 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hey, Saben, does God know you've had all your privileges withdrawn?

Hugs
Nigel

PS - Hmm - silly question. He's omniscient.

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: Now officially "no religion"  [message #66188 is a reply to message #66186] Fri, 23 September 2011 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CallMePaul is currently offline  CallMePaul

Really getting into it

As ex-LDS I applaud your move. According to their theology their God lives on another planet and is too busy impregnating Mrs God (to create new souls) to pay you a lot of attention. Once I learned the depth of the LDS perversion of Christianity I couldn't wait to escape myself. Bravo.

Youth crisis hot-line 866-488-7386, 24 hr (U.S.A.)
There are people who want to help you cope with being you.
Re: Now officially "no religion"  [message #66189 is a reply to message #66187] Fri, 23 September 2011 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Since he's omnipotent I presume he's the one that did it, too.

Which makes me wonder, if he's omni-benevolent why is it that the blessings associated with being a Mormon have also been withdrawn Confused?? That just seems mean!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: Now officially "no religion"  [message #66190 is a reply to message #66188] Fri, 23 September 2011 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

I think Mormon theology actually dodges a number of bullets well compared to contemporary Christianity.

Others- like the story of how Jews sailed to America... Sad) No worse than the Noah myth, though.

The thing I appreciated most about the LDS church is the message that one should find their own answers and enact their own understandings of the world using their free agency.

Although a core part of the doctrine, however, I feel most people in the church take a very strict, normative approach to religion not found within the official doctrine.

Master Oogway
Re: Now officially "no religion"  [message #66196 is a reply to message #66186] Mon, 26 September 2011 04:00 Go to previous message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

No Message Body
  • Attachment: Religion.jpg
    (Size: 64.92KB, Downloaded 419 times)

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Previous Topic: Equinox
Next Topic: TYT discuss Gay Authors
Goto Forum: