A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Coming Out Stories
Coming Out Stories  [message #68148] Sun, 17 November 2013 20:40 Go to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Totally love this - http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff-nation/assignments/how-did-you- come-out/9403750/Coming-out-Dad-I-m-gay-K  The way it should be.

Actually, the whole series is worth a read, but that one is the best.

cheers
Re: Coming Out Stories  [message #68149 is a reply to message #68148] Mon, 18 November 2013 00:45 Go to previous message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

Kiwi is right, the series is worth browsing... a girl said of the reaction to telling her parents...

"We know, dear."I nearly vomited everywhere! A moment I will never forget - for pure entertainment value.Fear..... nearly crippled me, .... But not being open with the people I love would have slowly destroyed me.I know my 'coming out' is not a reflection of how devastating it can be for some people.I've heard some pretty terrible horror stories and every time, I feel a little guilty.Most stories are positive and supportive in my experience.Sexuality is not a barrier to unconditional love.Remember, not every story is a horror story.

I agree with what she said, I try to write stories with positive role models, both well balanced brave kids and rational caring parents and friends... Gay kids have enough problems without us giving them the feeling that its all gonna hit the fan when they tell people something that they probably already knew, and were pretty OK with
Previous Topic: A bit of an update ...
Next Topic: Ask Amy!
Goto Forum: