A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I don't know when we last had a "Say hey Friday"...
I don't know when we last had a "Say hey Friday"...  [message #68660] Sat, 25 October 2014 01:02 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Why don't we begin another this evening?

Pick a topic... anything, doesn't matter much about what, just say something, and hopefully another Member here will pick up the thread and put in their two cents worth; or speak about something different.

I'll start us off with my thoughts on the continuing shootings at schools across the U.S. Kindly make them brief folks, we don't want people to loose interest before you get going.

First there was Columbine some 10-years ago, or thereabouts, and it seems the annihilator shtick is still going strong.  I would have thought that people would have gotten extremely tired of enduring them by now.  There was another this afternoon in Washington State.  Thoughts?

[Updated on: Sat, 25 October 2014 01:03]

Re: I don't know when we last had a "Say hey Friday"...  [message #68662 is a reply to message #68660] Mon, 27 October 2014 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Sure, we're all grown weary of them. But nobody has proposed a workable solution.

I'll argue it's not the availability of weapons. Growing up in Texas, a boy at ages 10/12/14/16 received his BB/.22/.30-30/.30-06 rifles and proudly displayed them in his pickup truck rifle rack. The typical high school parking lot had more firepower than the local National Guard armory. No school killings.

It's not the lack of counselors available at schools. My old high school has more counselors than football and baseball staff combined. Which is saying something in the Lone Star state.

Wish I knew the solution, but it's tough to solve when nobody can nail down the problem. Maybe it's the extra 100,000,000 people in the country, but there's not a lot we can do about that.
Re: I don't know when we last had a "Say hey Friday"...  [message #68682 is a reply to message #68662] Wed, 29 October 2014 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

<Begin mode: oldfart>
When I was a kid, we used to play a game at school called secret spy. In the morning, everyone playing would get together and put your name in a drawing. Everyone picked, and no one told anyone who's name they drew.
Through the day, you hunted and eliminated the guy who's name you drew, and then inherited his target. If you were killed, you handed over your target's name. We brought weapons to school, and had them taken away if we were caught with them, but that was all that was done to us. Rubber knives, dart guns, water pistols, rubber bb guns, even hollow plastic toy guns. If you touched the target with it, you killed him and took his target's name. We met at the end of the day, and often had more than one or two left standing.
Now a-days kids get their futures fucked for pointing their finger.
<End mode: oldfart>

[Updated on: Wed, 29 October 2014 03:13]

raysstories.com
Re: I don't know when we last had a "Say hey Friday"...  [message #68684 is a reply to message #68660] Wed, 29 October 2014 03:40 Go to previous message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Sounds familiar, Smokr. Back in Caveman School I was a Boy Scout. Every Friday was "uniform day" and I had my pocket knife and sometimes wore my hatchet. Awesome little terrorist I was.
Previous Topic: New topic!
Next Topic: A little something I simply want to share with everyone here.
Goto Forum: