A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Winter Solstice
Winter Solstice  [message #68785] Sun, 21 December 2014 08:00 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This Sunday, 21 December, the northern hemisphere will experience the shortest day of its year, marked at 23:03 UTC by an astronomical phenomenon known as the winter solstice - the moment the North Pole is tilted furthest from the sun as the Earth continues on its orbit.

The solstice doesn't always occur on 21 December. Sometimes it nudges into the early hours of 22 December, which will happen again next year. The hour of day also varies. Last year's arrived at 17:11. Next year's will at 04:38.

[Updated on: Sun, 21 December 2014 19:43]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Winter Solstice  [message #68786 is a reply to message #68785] Sun, 21 December 2014 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Thank you Timmy for reminding us; this used to be Nigel's taken upon task if I recall correctly, with Kiwi egging him on.  I'm assuming that Kiwi will continue his tradition for this year, sometime later this morning.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: Winter Solstice  [message #68787 is a reply to message #68786] Sun, 21 December 2014 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Nigel we have not seen for ages now, a shame. He'll be welcome when he comes back. I was rather hoping Kiwi would announce the Solstice. It seems to be a tradition here. So I had to post it when I remembered it!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Winter Solstice  [message #68793 is a reply to message #68787] Tue, 23 December 2014 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I've emailed Kiwi, with no answer. I'm assuming he is away for Christmas.

Re: Winter Solstice  [message #68794 is a reply to message #68793] Tue, 23 December 2014 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Sorry Guys - i am here, just keeping quiet & kinda busy. A very Merry Solstice to you all!http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=1685&private=0

(Grandson photographed half and hour ago)

cheers
Fabulous photo KIwi...  [message #68795 is a reply to message #68793] Tue, 23 December 2014 21:17 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... fine looking grandson too.

Be well and safe for the holiday season.

Let's pick up where we left of in March, shall we... say somewhere around the 21st?

Warren

Previous Topic: A different song I like.
Next Topic: On the far side of the globe...
Goto Forum: