A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Misfit by Larkin
The Misfit by Larkin  [message #69903] Sun, 12 July 2015 23:32 Go to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Nowadays I don't have much time or energy for reading, but I do sometimes find time for an occasional short story. Anyway, I'm glad that this story was one that I found.

The style is unusual (in a good way!) and both the characters and storyline are very original. What I appreciated most, though, was how the author managed to describe such complex situations in so few words. The story raised lots of questions about sexuality, identity, appearances, the borderline between seduction and molestation, etc. However, I liked the fact that it didn't try to tell me what conclusions should be reached.

Kit
Re: The Misfit by Larkin  [message #71378 is a reply to message #69903] Mon, 18 April 2016 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dookie11 is currently offline  dookie11

Getting started

Read this after getting a notice about some changes .
Thought I'd see how you wrote .

What a lonely life  !
And what the outcome for our gay boi .
Loving and unable to find his willing partner .
I'm sure this has happened more than I care to realize .
dael
Re: The Misfit by Larkin  [message #71381 is a reply to message #71378] Tue, 19 April 2016 03:20 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

That was very different, with a rare mix of obscured optimism subdued by sadness and pathos.

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Charlie by Hamen Cheese
Next Topic: Val 'n Tyne
Goto Forum: