A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Gay Seniors Give Advice
Gay Seniors Give Advice  [message #73794] Mon, 01 January 2018 09:56 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

As a gay senior I know what I could be today if I had been able to be gay all my life. However, to temper that, I would likely be at least HIV+ or dead because I have a deep enthusiasm for sex!

But what I could have achieved!

I would have different happinesses, different fears, different hopes, though. Life would not be a universal paradise.I don't want tolerance, or acceptance or any other 'ance'. I just want today and always wanted to be completely not special except for my other personal attributes, not for my sexuality.

I would also have worked damned hard to seduce the boys I was attracted to! I'd have got my equivalent of the quarterback into bed!

This video deserves to be shared widely with the world. I'm doing my part with my mainstream twitter account. Do it directly from the Youtube site, you have no need to publicise this forum if you have no wish to.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 January 2018 10:14]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Gay Seniors Give Advice  [message #73809 is a reply to message #73794] Thu, 04 January 2018 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

It didn't do it for me, I'm afraid.

I though the direction was terrrible, and it came across to me as a collection of unrelated soundbites. Perhaps someone had (wrongly) told the director that the youth of today has an attention span of less than ten seconds, or it may have been a "stylistic decision".

While I loathe the description "senior", which I regard as an adjective, not a noun (the same goes for "gay"), I suppose others don't find it so offensive. At 62 going on 63, I expect I qualify as one. But I see no good purpose in pushing the unpleasantness of being out thirty or forty years ago: to me, the worthwhile clips were "be who you are" and "don't be someone you're not".

I've been fully out in all situations for nearly 40 years. Sometimes it was shit. Often it was fun. But there's no point banging on about it, and it won't help those just starting to think about their sexuality and what it means to them. I'm just thankful that in most Western countries there are many places where being gay is unremarkable ... that's something I have spent a lot of my life working towards.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Gay Seniors Give Advice  [message #73823 is a reply to message #73794] Sat, 06 January 2018 00:06 Go to previous message
bobynike is currently offline  bobynike

Getting started

Love it thanks for sharing
Previous Topic: DDOS attack
Next Topic: What is your reading pet peeve?
Goto Forum: