A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Yahoo email bounce
Yahoo email bounce  [message #76748] Sun, 19 April 2020 21:22 Go to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Out of curiosity, why the email bounce from Yahoo? Does anyone even know? It seems there is a lot of this kind of thing going on in the UK over the years. Is it due to governmental policy or regulations regarding this genre of website?

Secondly, does this also apply to emails that readers send the authors who have a Yahoo address when they click on the link at the top of a story? I would think not but curious.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 April 2020 21:26]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76749 is a reply to message #76748] Sun, 19 April 2020 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The link at the top of the story is unaffected. It goes through the clicker's own server

Yahoo is a pain in the arse. It has changed "something" and has screwed it up for loads of folk. Not a thing to do with the UK nor government. It is the evil bastards at Yahoo. But at least I get Yahoo bounces. Hotmail often discards emails silently

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76751 is a reply to message #76749] Mon, 20 April 2020 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have filled out Yahoo's rather lengthy form for bulk email senders just now. Time will tell.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76764 is a reply to message #76751] Wed, 22 April 2020 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Just to let you know, Timmy, I just got your latest e-mail over the mailing list about the April 22nd list of stories, and I do use a Yahoo e-mail address for the mailing list, so whatever you did, it must have worked (at least so far - here's to hoping I haven't jinxed anything!).
Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76765 is a reply to message #76764] Wed, 22 April 2020 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

fingers crossed.  Yahoo have not replied to me properly, naturally

Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76783 is a reply to message #76748] Mon, 27 April 2020 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andichan is currently offline  Andichan

Getting started

This email bouncing doesn't appear to effect all Yahoo UK users. My email address is yahoo.co.uk and I've received every newsletter, been in contact with authors, and had readers contacting me, without experiencing any issues.

Andy.
Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76784 is a reply to message #76783] Mon, 27 April 2020 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Andichan wrote on Mon, 27 April 2020 10:35"
This email bouncing doesn't appear to effect all Yahoo UK users. My email address is yahoo.co.uk and I've received every newsletter, been in contact with authors, and had readers contacting me, without experiencing any issues.

--
The Yahoo issue is often slighty selective. They have been cleaning house, and will doubtless clean house again. It only affected certain servers as sending servers. And it seems it only affected some but not all of yahoo's receiving servers. For the moment the issue is cleared.

Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76785 is a reply to message #76784] Mon, 27 April 2020 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

After observing this for awhile I notice I'm not getting the story updates on my yahoo account but get everything else you send out on it. Due to the Hotmail issue from a few years ago I had added a yahoo account to your mass mailing list because I had stopped receiving anything from you. Now I'm getting everything on the Hotmail addy which makes me able to recognize what I'm not getting through yahoo and what I'm not.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76786 is a reply to message #76785] Mon, 27 April 2020 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Teddy wrote on Mon, 27 April 2020 15:42"
After observing this for awhile I notice I'm not getting the story updates on my yahoo account but get everything else you send out on it. Due to the Hotmail issue from a few years ago I had added a yahoo account to your mass mailing list because I had stopped receiving anything from you. Now I'm getting everything on the Hotmail addy which makes me able to recognize what I'm not getting through yahoo and what I'm not.

--
I am not getting any bounce messages any more. Is your Yahoo address still subscribed?

[Updated on: Mon, 27 April 2020 16:13]

Re: Yahoo email bounce  [message #76792 is a reply to message #76786] Tue, 28 April 2020 02:22 Go to previous message

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Mon, 27 April 2020 09:13"

"Teddy wrote on Mon, 27 April 2020 15:42"

--
I am not getting any bounce messages any more. Is your Yahoo address still subscribed?

--
Yes, both the Yahoo and the hotmail address are still subscribed. I get all of them on hotmail but on the Yahoo address I only got the email or emails you sent that were not specifically story anouncements which was bizarrely odd. As of today things are back to normal however, with getting the regular Monday story posting email on the yahoo address. 

I'm hanging on to both subscriptions just for occasions like this! LOL

Previous Topic: KIA One million dollars for homeless kids
Next Topic: I understand "Trans" on a person by perosn basis
Goto Forum: