A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Good reads.
Good reads.  [message #77236] Tue, 25 August 2020 08:48 Go to next message
Andichan is currently offline  Andichan

Getting started

If you're looking for a worthwhile read (other than the excellent library of stories here), I would thoroughly recommend What if it's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, - a coming-of-age gay teen romance set in present-day New York City. Don't expect any graphic sexual activity, - this book will carry the reader along the journey from the first brief encounter, through the mistakes and pitfalls of innocence, to an uncertain yet hopeful conclusion.

What if it's Us, ISBN 978-0-06-279525-0, is availible through Amazon and elsewhere in hardback for $18.99 in the US, and $23.99 in Canada. (I think I paid £15.99 here in the UK), and I think it was money well spent.

Andy.
Re: Good reads.  [message #77243 is a reply to message #77236] Tue, 25 August 2020 21:15 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Thanks for the recommendation! Smile

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: Horse on Seventh Ave.
Next Topic: An encounter with hurt and regret
Goto Forum: