A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Random Thoughts
Random Thoughts  [message #77286] Sat, 05 September 2020 23:14 Go to next message
Shazamboi is currently offline  Shazamboi

Getting started

I've always known I was different, even as a boy. While other boys fantasized about growing up to become policeman, and firemen. I dreamed of writing poetry with Lord Byron, of drinking with Edgar Allan Poe, and of waltzing in a ballroom while Beethoven played fluid tunes from some candlelit corner. Not to say I ddin't get into my fair share of roughhousing and typical boy mischief I've always been an adventurer. While others played tag, and Hide & Seek, I sailed the Seven Seas under a pirate flag on Queen Anne's Revenge. Or looked through telescopes at the wonders of the universe with Galileo. Even now, at 29 years of age the world still holds a certain fresh wonder for me. But, sometimes I sit back and look out at the world and all of pain, and chaos that it hold and it hurts. All of this going on and the world's beautiful mystery is drowned and overrcome by it all. I think that's why I find such beauty in youth, it's yet to be overcome and picked over by the world. Does that make any sense?
Re: Random Thoughts  [message #77289 is a reply to message #77286] Sun, 06 September 2020 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Yes, it makes a lot of sense. There's a certain wonder in being young. An innocence of a sort, even if the youth in question is far from innocent. He's experiencing life through his own eyes and is doing it full force, no holds barred. Personally, I think this is why so many people enjoy books and stories about young people; because they are able, once again, to experience the world through the eyes of innocence. 

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Random Thoughts  [message #77290 is a reply to message #77289] Sun, 06 September 2020 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shazamboi is currently offline  Shazamboi

Getting started

That couldn't have been more beautifully said.
Re: Random Thoughts  [message #77296 is a reply to message #77289] Sun, 06 September 2020 17:22 Go to previous message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

"Teddy wrote on Sun, 06 September 2020 01:46"
Yes, it makes a lot of sense. There's a certain wonder in being young. An innocence of a sort, even if the youth in question is far from innocent. He's experiencing life through his own eyes and is doing it full force, no holds barred. Personally, I think this is why so many people enjoy books and stories about young people; because they are able, once again, to experience the world through the eyes of innocence. 

--
Exactly! ❤️❤️❤️
Previous Topic: True to myself
Next Topic: Covid 19 - Coronavirus
Goto Forum: