A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Home Alone - Writing Challenge
Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77275] Thu, 03 September 2020 12:24 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have set Home Alone up as a preview today. I know it comes from a film. You know it comes from a fim. You probably even know the scene off by heart! I suppose you could write that scene, but I bet the scene in your head is better!

The blond boy reminds me completely of one J Fraser D, a beautful boy I was at school with. He was a couple of years younger than I was, and had presence. He was one of the few boys I was in lust with whom I could have a sensible conversation with. Usually I was tongue tied!

[Updated on: Thu, 03 September 2020 18:06]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77287 is a reply to message #77275] Sun, 06 September 2020 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

I don't mean to be fatuous, but how's he home alone when there are two of them in shot?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77291 is a reply to message #77287] Sun, 06 September 2020 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Gotta love it!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77293 is a reply to message #77287] Sun, 06 September 2020 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm is currently offline  cm

Toe is in the water

Ah, good old literalism.

...I think the words 'home alone' are generally understood to mean 'at home without your parents', allowing you to do pretty much what you choose with pretty much whoever you choose to do it. Guess the lad in the pic has already made one of those choices...  Rolling Eyes
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77294 is a reply to message #77293] Sun, 06 September 2020 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Or of course, maybe we're only getting part of the sentence. ;)  Perhaps the full sentence was supposed to be "I'm home alone later today," or "This weekend I'm home alone."
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77295 is a reply to message #77294] Sun, 06 September 2020 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

All of which is why it makes a decent challenge

Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77297 is a reply to message #77295] Sun, 06 September 2020 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Yep.  That's a part of the challenge of the photo - who is the boy speaking to, and why is he saying he's home alone?  What's the larger context here?
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77298 is a reply to message #77297] Mon, 07 September 2020 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Also, which boy is speaking? Or is the subtitle from speech of a character we cannot see?

There's a great deal in this screenshot picture, and I hope folk do not simply write the movie scene.

Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77299 is a reply to message #77298] Mon, 07 September 2020 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

When I first saw the picture, my thought would have been, "We're home alone."

But it could also be, "I wish we were home alone," or various other things, including "Come back tomorrow.  The parents will be out from 4 to 6."

And many other possibilities....
Re: Home Alone - Writing Challenge  [message #77301 is a reply to message #77275] Tue, 08 September 2020 01:29 Go to previous message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

Glaad that's all sorted out, then. Razz

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Previous Topic: Mervyn At Sunnybanks
Next Topic: The "Pick Me!" Writing Challenge stories
Goto Forum: