A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Hey Ben by Jade Indigo
Hey Ben by Jade Indigo  [message #77768] Wed, 21 April 2021 19:33 Go to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/jade-indigo/shorts/hey- ben.html

This story hit something way deep inside me. Yes, there's sex, but it goes so far beyond that to express what it is like for so many of us in one way or another. This particular passage spoke to me:

Quote:
Boys are fun, boys are best. We can be boys together and look at and smell of and touch each other. I want to use my hands and my feet and my mouth to be a boy with you. All the touching, and the feels in our hearts.

As a boy of that age it was what I thought about at night, in my bed, in the dark when no one was watching. It was what I longed for. Instead that coming of age dream was stolen from me, replaced by a repugnant man who should have known better, much like it was from Heyes, Ben. I can relate to Heyes, Ben. We both needed a Danny O'Brien in our life.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Hey Ben by Jade Indigo  [message #77769 is a reply to message #77768] Wed, 21 April 2021 23:53 Go to previous message
Sean E is currently offline  Sean E

Getting started

Very well done, another one short, to the point, but oh so well crafted! It's thought provoking, and it makes us question the before and after. Easy to read, easier to ponder, and... wonder. :p
Previous Topic: current writing challenge
Next Topic: Learning the Ropes, by Cole Parker
Goto Forum: