A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Ouch
icon4.gif Ouch  [message #7810] Tue, 18 February 2003 17:40 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

From IPPF newsletter today

FIRST FEMALE-TO-FEMALE HIV TRANSMISSION REPORTED

The first case of a female-to-female transmission of the AIDS-causing HIV virus was reported by an American medical journal.

The 01 February 2003 issue of Clinical Infectious Diseases featured the case of a 20-year old American lesbian infected by her HIV-positive partner in the article "Female-to-female transmission of human immunodeficiency virus."

Doctors who handled the case conclude that the transmission might have occurred as a result of the use of sex toys, which the women admitted using occasionally. The toys' vigorous use could have been forceful enough to draw blood or cause lesions in the vaginal canal, and sharing toys in this manner could have caused the transmission.

Other methods of transmission were ruled out based on substantive interviews with the women.

The interviews show the women have been in a monogamous relationship for two years. The newly infected partner denied having sexual relations with any other woman or man during the relationship. In addition, the partner never injected drugs, nor had a tattoo or any body part pierced; neither did she receive any kind of blood transfusion. A thorough medical examination also revealed the partner to be in good health with good oral hygiene, making doctors rule out the possibility of oral transmission.

The woman's HIV-positive partner is bisexual and was also tested to confirm if she indeed transmitted the HIV to her partner. After substantive genotypic drug resistance tests, doctors observed striking similarities between their genotypes, noting that the source is indeed the bisexual partner. The case was documented as the "first reported case of female-to-female sexual transmission of HIV supported by identification of
similar HIV genotypes in the source patient and the recipient."

Although HIV infection among lesbians or women who are sexually involved with other women is touted as a virtually impossible occurrence, doctors warned women who are in HIV-discordant relationships to practice safer sex to prevent the disease's transmission.

SOURCE: ISIS Women International Manila, 17/FEB/03

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Ouch  [message #7815 is a reply to message #7810] Wed, 19 February 2003 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbryce is currently offline  rbryce

Likes it here

gosh timmy,who would want to play with sex toys--thats not love.At least I dont think so
icon12.gif Re: Ouch  [message #7885 is a reply to message #7815] Wed, 19 February 2003 17:10 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think it means that ladies like a dick, just not the dick thatis attatched to it! Surprised

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: I am running out of humour
Next Topic: new insite in to ME
Goto Forum: