A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > A Life Lived
A Life Lived  [message #78699] Tue, 23 January 2024 18:58 Go to next message
jbboucha is currently offline  jbboucha

Getting started

Do you know this story that Dabeagle just started publishing? I think we are looking at a sort of masterpiece! Go read, at this https://gayauthors.org/story/dabeagle/a-life-lived

[I think I just corrected the addrerss in your post - timmy. If I failed I posted it below]

[Updated on: Tue, 23 January 2024 19:25] by Moderator

Re: A Life Lived  [message #78700 is a reply to message #78699] Tue, 23 January 2024 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The address is corrupted. A Life Lived is here though I susoect he would prefer it read on his own site

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A Life Lived  [message #78702 is a reply to message #78700] Wed, 24 January 2024 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merkin is currently offline  Merkin

Getting started

I think the link you want is http://www.dabeagle.com/ . It gets you chapters a week earlier than on Gay Authors.  I second the recommendation above.  A Life Lived is shaping up to be a story of exceeding honesty and importance.
James Merkin
Re: A Life Lived  [message #78704 is a reply to message #78699] Wed, 24 January 2024 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

The story is also posting on Dabeagle's own site at: http://www.dabeagle.com/storymainpages/AlifelivedHome.html

Bensiamin
Re: A Life Lived  [message #78715 is a reply to message #78704] Mon, 05 February 2024 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

For those that read Dageagle's "A Life Lived" and wonder what happened to Bailey, allow me a little self-promotion.

Dabeagle asked me to edit the story for him and I did so, reading it twice. The night after the second read I had a vivid dream about Bailey and his life. I seldom remember my dreams, so this was striking and I told Dabeagle about it and he said, "Sounds like a story to me." He encouraged me to write it, so I did. It's titled "A Life Discovered," and began posting on the dabeagle site today at:

http://www.dabeagle.com/storymainpages/ALDHome.html

Bensiamin
Re: A Life Lived  [message #78720 is a reply to message #78715] Tue, 06 February 2024 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Looks interesting and differs from your previous writing style

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A Life Lived  [message #78721 is a reply to message #78720] Tue, 06 February 2024 20:03 Go to previous message

Likes it here

It is different, Tim and the first challenge was trying to assure that the first two chapters were consistent n feel and style to A Life Lived. this is the fist time I've written a sequel to another author's work, so it was a new experience. Then there was the decision about when to start with Bailey. that was arbitrary, and graduation university seemed like a good point. He's now on his own and prepared to live his own life...or is he?

We'll have to see what the readers have to say!

Bensiamin
Previous Topic: Of Dahl, Merry and Friends
Next Topic: Two Brothers
Goto Forum: