A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > why all the hostilty?
icon9.gif why all the hostilty?  [message #7855] Wed, 19 February 2003 12:14 Go to next message
tim...of usa is currently offline  tim...of usa

Likes it here

i dont get it this was a place of safty it was a place to talk about our feelings and how we feel about our selfs.

maybe i missed the memo about the change of format to talking about world issues and religion etc...

any body have any thing bothering them? personally
anybody have love or lack of love issues?
any one haveing issues with there sexuality?
any one e;se wondering what happened around here other then me?

just a thought....

peace
tim...of USA
icon7.gif Morning tim  [message #7857 is a reply to message #7855] Wed, 19 February 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

How about just starting the day with a huge {{{{{HUG}}}}} Smile

I gotta go feed the horses and get to school. What will it be: another day, another A or another day, another detention. Only time will tell. >>>>>giggle<<<<<

Everyone have a GREAT Wednesday Smile
smith J
Re: Morning tim  [message #7866 is a reply to message #7857] Wed, 19 February 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guest is currently offline  Guest

On fire!

A bit late for that- it's Thursday by 50 minutes, here Very Happy
Re: why all the hostilty?  [message #7872 is a reply to message #7855] Wed, 19 February 2003 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

silly boys

HUGS to both of you.

thru the eyes of youth we can see life so very very clearly.

you both rock smith QM and my long lost little bro TomS.

peace
tim...of USA
http://forum.iomfats.org/w-agora/view.php?site=forumiomfatsorg&bn=forumiomfatsorg_placeofsafety&key=1045670257  [message #7881 is a reply to message #7872] Wed, 19 February 2003 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

http://forum.iomfats.org/w-agora/view.php?site=forumiomfatsorg&bn=forumiomfatsorg_placeofsafety&key=1045670257

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
way kewl suggestion...i get the looser to mount over my fire palce?  [message #7886 is a reply to message #7881] Wed, 19 February 2003 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

No Message Body
WOW, that will be one HOT love session  [message #7890 is a reply to message #7886] Wed, 19 February 2003 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darren is currently offline  Darren

Likes it here

No Message Body
icon6.gif I'm just a little lost puppy, I guess...  [message #7892 is a reply to message #7872] Wed, 19 February 2003 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toms is currently offline  toms

Likes it here

But I ain't long lost. That makes it sound as if people have given up hope on me. Very Happy

But, really, I haven't even looked at the fight that's been going on because I know perfectly well what IS going on without even reading the words. I mean, people are obviously avoiding these posts for a reason, and if they only clog up the board like they are now, they avoid the board altogether. I know that I'm one of those people, and so is David. (Hi David! ::waves:: Smile)

And big bro Timmer put it perfectly -- this is the Place of *Safety*. I mean, we're allowed to have our opinions, definitely. But that doesn't mean we can start fights about it. Everyone has their own right to believe what they believe. Respect that right, please.

So, please, let's get back to normal? I'd like to return to posting frequently again and not have to skip over uncomfortable posts. Smile

-Tom Wink

"Whatever is sought for can be caught, you know,
whatever is neglected slips away."
Oedipus Rex, lines 126-127
icon14.gif Re: I'm just a little lost puppy, I guess...  [message #7896 is a reply to message #7892] Wed, 19 February 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

This is precisely what I mean when I point up how vital and necessary is the participation here by people of Tom's generation. It is a lesson we all need to not only learn but put into practice (especially us old fogeys!).

Thanks, Tom.

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
What pisses me off totally......  [message #7897 is a reply to message #7855] Wed, 19 February 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Is when we have a post that is felt deeply about by anyone,and that it turns into a slanging match.

I dontlcafre who causes it. I care that someone does,and soneone else responds.

ALL of that makes people feel unwelcome and invcapable of using this place as it was designed.

The post about the possibility of war was valid. It is worrying so many people. It is creating stress among the US populatoion and enhancing the sales of plastic film, duck tape (yep "duck" not duct - it's a brand name), and gas masks. But to fight about it is ludicrous. And pisses me off.

It is NOT why I have this place

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
**Waves back at TomS and smith*  [message #7903 is a reply to message #7892] Wed, 19 February 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

Yup, little bro, you got that right! Maybe I'll start posting little jokes again...

Meanwhile, back to my making lists of things to do to achieve the goal of moving back to Thailand and my Man there...still have loads to do, like figuring out when to give notice on my current job, etc.

Much more exciting stuff to me than the other slagging matches!

(Not you, Kevin...I answered with my thoughts as you posted yours and smith and a couple others there's...)

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon7.gif So, you've decided? Romance beats out finance?  [message #7913 is a reply to message #7903] Thu, 20 February 2003 04:06 Go to previous message
trevor is currently offline  trevor

Really getting into it

They say that people never look back on life and say they wish they'd spent more time at the office. I'm happy for both of you and you have my best wishes on "scraping by."
Previous Topic: hi...
Next Topic: hmm poem...
Goto Forum: