A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Ouch
icon8.gif Ouch  [message #8516] Tue, 18 March 2003 12:52 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I noticed a huge peak of site traffic. Over 3,750 front page visitors yesterday. Now this is not typical, since we usually get 700 or so per day.

So I tracked it back, and I am not totally amused by the place the link is from. It comes from a boylover's links page, and 80 of the last 100 visitors have come from there. My hope is that they have not stayed.

This is categorically not a site for boylovers. It does not endorse adult/child relationships in any way, nor does it encourage them. I am sure that the visitors will see that if they browse around the site, but it does not please me.

I have written to the webmaster to ask him to alter the link, and we are looking at putting a splash page between boylinks and here to show the surfers that we are not what they have been led to believe.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Splash page is now operational  [message #8520 is a reply to message #8516] Tue, 18 March 2003 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You only get to see it if you come in from boylinks.net, of course. And it is a decent and heavy warning.

In addition the webmaster has removed the link.

I understand that people are attracted to youth, even rather young youth, but I have no intention of encouraging it. To me it is simply not right "geometrically", let alone morally.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif Good Job  [message #8522 is a reply to message #8520] Tue, 18 March 2003 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

WOOHOO!!! Go Timmy!!! Yeah this is so not a boylovers place at all... Cool Idea to help avoid it though Smile
~Andy

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon14.gif Sorted out  [message #8529 is a reply to message #8516] Wed, 19 March 2003 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The huge traffic peak has gone. That is quite a relief. butit is very scary that 3,000 people in one day visit a boylove site and follow the link (now gone) to mine. How many people in the world does that make that want to have sex with physically immature (and mentally immature) boys?

Ok, a rhetorical question, but it is still very scary. Even if half just want to "look", the other half must surely want to "do".

Re: Sorted out  [message #8538 is a reply to message #8529] Thu, 20 March 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbryce is currently offline  rbryce

Likes it here

with all due respect timmy,not all boylovers are bad people although i have to say that they better serve themselves by keeping silent. In all fairness,most sexual abuse occures in the family setting and by supposidly hetrosexual parents. rob
Re: Sorted out  [message #8547 is a reply to message #8538] Thu, 20 March 2003 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The majority of people who truly love children are just that. Those who love them and woudl not harm them in any way, even unknowing.

I am much more concerned with those who use extreme youth for titillation, and who act on or consider acting on, or plan to act on their impulses.

Figures bear out what you say; there is no argument with that. But I do not see my site as one that serves "boylovers", so had to distance it from that group of people.

I do not encourage, nor do I condone any sexual physical liaison that is even remotely likely to cause physical or emotional harm. And pure geometry says that a child, penetrated by an adult, will suffer at best serious pain, and at worst serious damage, physical and emotional. This does not mean that I condone non penetrative acts.

Re: Sorted out  [message #8552 is a reply to message #8547] Fri, 21 March 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rbryce is currently offline  rbryce

Likes it here

perhaps a better informed youth will be able to counter this abuse. rob
"Boy"love  [message #8554 is a reply to message #8547] Fri, 21 March 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Hmm.. well, Shem (aka Quondam Manitou) here, I'm back after my break away and now just going to moderate internet use as much as possible. A question I now pose is "when does a boy stop being a boy"?

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: "Boy"love  [message #8556 is a reply to message #8554] Fri, 21 March 2003 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are people who are attracted to and have sex with pre pubertal children. In this case the biological definition of "juvenile form" is the one to look at. No pubertal development at all. Some of these people attempt sexual acts with infants. The Rene Guyon Society has a slogan "Sex before 8 or it;s too late" and considers that getting a child to suck a man's penis will cure thumbsucking.

I prefer to extend the definition of "boy" or "child" to cover the period until full physical size is reached. In this way there is no physical danger to them, though emotional damage may still take place.

I don't want to open this up to cover the old ground of "what age is appropriate, what age difference is not appropriate." I am looking here simply at distancing what happens here from the rather unpleasant things I have referred to earlier. I have other thoughts on age of consent which you can find by entering it into the site search engine that is on this messageboard.

Re: "Boy"love  [message #8561 is a reply to message #8556] Fri, 21 March 2003 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

It is a pity that as always there are sections of a community that give the rest of that community such a bad name. I have have seen other boylove pages that don't promote sexual contact between an adult and "sub-adult" (ie anyone below whatever local laws of consent are) regardless of circumstances. As for the others, well, it is sad that they mistake the "cuteness" of a young child for being a "sexual cuteness", sure young boys may be "attractive", but it is sad that they feel the only way of expressing appreciation for that attractiveness is through sex. Society is too ready to throw attraction, love and sex all in the same bag, sure they are all needed in order to have a so-called "perfect" relationship, but each element can be taken in isolation where the situation isn't appropriate for them to come together.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: "Boy"love  [message #8562 is a reply to message #8561] Sat, 22 March 2003 00:19 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I do not disagree.

Those who truly love children, LOVE them. It is pure, spiritual and clean, untained by any more physical contact that a true, loving and chaste hug.

Regrettably organisations such as NAMBLA (please do you own research, those of you who are unaware, and do not use this place to debate such organisations) have perverted this into an alleged orientation. I will have nothing to do with such a travesty. A child is sacrosanct.

Previous Topic: Yong Gay Men. A UK Survey
Next Topic: Hot or Not?
Goto Forum: