A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > WATCH: Married with kids, Ben knew he had to come out
icon10.gif WATCH: Married with kids, Ben knew he had to come out  [message #68501] Thu, 29 May 2014 20:43 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

Over 270,000 people have seen a young gay dad's coming out story on YouTube, and now his wife and children have appeared in a video with him, showing how their lives have moved on.  25-year-old Ben Hobson told his tale on camera a few months ago, with the South Dakota dad describing it as a "crazy, messed up, loving, hurtful, redemptive, free story."Shortly after his mother died, Ben married Keeley and they had two children. He says his should've been a "perfect family," but he knew something was wrong.He developed a drinking problem "because it numbed my feelings," and he tearfully describes realising later "those feelings were GAY feelings."He tells his story below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R 4PV4Vyluc8

The video's been getting a lot of attention in recent days, prompting Ben to do a follow-up, letting us know how they've been getting along, and introducing us to his wife Keeley."We're still feeling a lot of emotions right now," realises Ben. "There's a lot of emotion and love still there."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H i_HxJzd0o0

[Updated on: Thu, 29 May 2014 20:44]

Re: WATCH: Married with kids, Ben knew he had to come out  [message #68503 is a reply to message #68501] Fri, 30 May 2014 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Brody, I think it's fair to say that the first link in your post, his coming out vidéo, is a good place to start; but, once having viewed it everyone should then go Ben Hobson's YouTube Channel, and experience his story, vidéo-by-vidéo, as he has lived his life, day-by-day, for the past year or more.

This will likely benefit the youngsters visiting here experiencing many of the same issues Ben has faced more I'm supposing; and, help broaden the understanding of our older Membership, especially those like myself who had no real hardships coming out and have been out all of their lives as I have been.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Sat, 31 May 2014 04:17]

Re: WATCH: Married with kids, Ben knew he had to come out  [message #68647 is a reply to message #68501] Fri, 10 October 2014 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marius is currently offline  Marius

Getting started

The young man, Ben Hobson has deleted his coming out video as well as most of the videos on his Youtube account,  He said that he was never really gay -  just was just confused by a "bromance" he had last year.  Either that or he's gone back in the closet, I guess.

Queerty article:  http://www.queerty.com/is-hot-gay-dad-ben-hobson-no-longer-g ay-20141009
Re: WATCH: Married with kids, Ben knew he had to come out  [message #68648 is a reply to message #68647] Sat, 11 October 2014 04:06 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

We do what we have to do in order to save a relationship.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: If I Have Gay Children: 4 Promises From a Christian Pastor/Parent
Next Topic: Hi Timmy.
Goto Forum: