A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Covid 19 - Coronavirus
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76707 is a reply to message #76701] Thu, 02 April 2020 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Tue, 31 March 2020 00:13"
This dangerous idiot will get you all killed in the USA. You have too much deference to the role of president for the media to take him down and say clearly that he lies. They are too polite.

--
Indeed. From the very beginning of Trump's presidential campaign, the news media, whom the evengelical christian idiots here declare is biased against them, and is fake, were stumbling all over themselves to put him on the pedestal of their coverage. They dogged his every step MAKING him THE STORY. They're still doing it today, and even though they know he's an ass and a liar they won't really report that he is, they work around the edges of it but won't say it. Yes, the talking head cable shows call him out but the nightly news programs on TV and radio and the newspapers do not unless you read the opinion pages of the paper but very few people actually do that.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76708 is a reply to message #76707] Fri, 03 April 2020 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

For what it's worth on Trump, I read a little while back that (it is claimed, at least) that no U.S. President running for reelection has ever "survived" a recession (meaning that if there's a recession going on during the time that they're running for reelection, that they wind up losing said reelection bid).  So I suppose that those who want Trump to go bye-bye (and I'll admit that if he resiged from office right now, I wouldn't exacty shed any tears of sorrow) can always hope that it's true and contiunes to be so.
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76711 is a reply to message #76590] Sat, 04 April 2020 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently online  ivor slipper

Likes it here

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5095&private=0
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76712 is a reply to message #76590] Mon, 06 April 2020 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Unlike some of the quackery online right now, even if useless, this one can do no harm, and seems worthy of passing onwards. It is rooted in obvious facts. No pills, no potions, no cost. Indeed, the only one who benefits is the person performing the routine

A retired NHS paramedic friend of mine has validated it thus
Quote:
We know this is a reality. If we watch the Italian hospitals where they had patients laying (prone) on their chest. 

Gotta say though, it'll be a brave few who when in this predicament who will actually try this. And I'd be one of them!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76714 is a reply to message #76590] Thu, 09 April 2020 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

We've now moved to recommendaitons of wearing face masks in the US, though the debate still goes on about whether the intent is to prevent infection of the wearer or transmission to others! Either way, there is little info or guidelines on the practice of wearing facemasks as part of infection control, and I found this letter from an anesthesiologist very helpful. It's along the same lines as why surgeons hold their gloved hands up in the air after they scrub in!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5096&private=0

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76715 is a reply to message #76714] Thu, 09 April 2020 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm just taking exercise, sustantial exercise, and observing social distancing.

Face masks in surgery have alwasy been to keep surgeon spit out of open bits of the patient

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76721 is a reply to message #76590] Sun, 12 April 2020 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

For those that didn't know about it or haven't heard it yet, the musical highlight of the day (in this writer's humble opinion) was Andrea Bocelli singing Amazing Grace to an empty plaza in front of the Cathedral of Milan. Poignant not just because of the empty plaze, but because a blind man is singing about being blind...and being able to see!

You Tube link

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5098&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 12 April 2020 22:32]

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76728 is a reply to message #76721] Tue, 14 April 2020 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Bensiamin said: "For those that didn't know about it or haven't heard it yet..."

That was powerful. It doesn't seem to matter that my beliefs have changed so drastically re: Christianity over the years. There are certain Christian "things" that still speak to the depths of my soul, albeit in decidedly different ways. Thanks for sharing this.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76743 is a reply to message #76590] Fri, 17 April 2020 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Reuters posted a story yesterday that is both illuminating and worrisome, based on testing of the entire crew on the USS Theodore Roosevelt...which found that most coronavirus transmission resulting in COVID-19 is via younger healthy people who are asympotomatic. I have one friend in South Carolina who contracted it three weeks ago when his son in law came to visit! This finding certainly makes the case about being cautious if/when you're out and about!

Reuters Link

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76744 is a reply to message #76743] Fri, 17 April 2020 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"Bensiamin wrote on Fri, 17 April 2020 09:33"
Reuters posted a story yesterday... 

--
I saw that being reported last evening. It's consistent with something I saw an epidemiologist say way back in January when this virus was just beginning to break out into the world at large from Wuhan. He said that for the large percentage of children, teens, and the under 25 adults will be asymptomatic carriers spreading the disease silently around the world. Sobering to think about.

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76753 is a reply to message #76744] Mon, 20 April 2020 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Given the insult (to say nothing about potential injury) that goes along with watching all these so-called "liberty protestors" parade about having their personal liberties restricted and demanding that the country open back up immediately, etc., etc., I had to smile at this one.

Of course none of these protestors read the "fake news," so undoubtedly missed the BBC story yesterday that Hokkaido in northern Japan opened up (schools, restaurants, bars, etc.) too early and were shortly thereafter hit with a second wave of COVID-19 infections!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5099&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 20 April 2020 16:44]

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76754 is a reply to message #76753] Mon, 20 April 2020 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think the main thing is that the good citizens of the USA put up two wholly unappetising candidates at their most recent presidential election. Of the two the charismatic clown had more appeal than the staid matron.

This time round I look at the candidates again and wonder how these can be the best, brightest and most appetising.

It appears that the USA applauds stupidity, lauds it. Yet I have never met a US citizen who admits it. I do know that one author on this site supported Cadet Bonespurs the Draft Dodger, but never understood that. I hope they don't support hm this time around.

It does seem that the orange manbaby intends to dispose of many US citizens, either by virus or by someone else's gun, and is setting matters in place to seek to wrest the presidency for life into his tiny hands by using deaths as an excuse.

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76772 is a reply to message #76590] Fri, 24 April 2020 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

After the imbecilic pronouncements last night by the USA's Fuckwit In Chief about 'maybe, I don't know," curing Covid 19 with massive bursts of UV light, or inserting UV light into the body (anal UV probe, anyone?), and injecting disinfectant into living human beings, I am unsure whether to buy shares in disinfectant companies, sun lamp companies, or funeral parlours

All we can do is to hope his supporters take his advice, and that this will swing the election.

Just how much Turd Polish does the White House have in stock?

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2020 11:40]

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76773 is a reply to message #76772] Fri, 24 April 2020 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Ripley was right, of course, but not even he could have anticipated one like this cretin...who is orders of magnitude beyond what he was contemplating.

It's not much consolation, but Trump is not alone in the lunacy quarter! Consider the latest from Pat Robertson:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5109&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2020 15:48]

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76774 is a reply to message #76773] Fri, 24 April 2020 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Very crafty mask design here, by this elderly gentleman!

Hopefully its usage is not limited to sipping beer!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5110&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 24 April 2020 22:21]

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76775 is a reply to message #76772] Fri, 24 April 2020 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"timmy wrote on Fri, 24 April 2020 04:33"
Just how much Turd Polish does the White House have in stock?

--
Well, seemingly it's unlimited. That's where that orange color comes from, don't you know?

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76776 is a reply to message #76774] Fri, 24 April 2020 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"Bensiamin wrote on Fri, 24 April 2020 15:20"
Very crafty mask design here, by this elderly gentleman!

Hopefully its usage is not limited to sipping beer!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5110&private=0

--
I'm at a total loss for words here... 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76777 is a reply to message #76773] Fri, 24 April 2020 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

"Bensiamin wrote on Fri, 24 April 2020 08:47"
Ripley was right, of course, but not even he could have anticipated one like this cretin...who is orders of magnitude beyond what he was contemplating.

It's not much consolation, but Trump is not alone in the lunacy quarter! Consider the latest from Pat Robertson:

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5109&private=0

--
Right, because a god who murders men, women, and children without discrimination is such an appealing presence in which to spend my eternity! 

This guy is a fuckwit beyond comprehension. What's even further beyond conprehension are the masses who soak up his bullshit. Talk about tribalism, identity, mythology, and religion! What a devastating combination this guy has honed all of those to in an effort to what? Rake in the gold shekels, I'm pretty sure. Someone needs to fart in his facemask! 

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76778 is a reply to message #76777] Fri, 24 April 2020 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

https://i.imgflip.com/3xw1dx.jpg

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76779 is a reply to message #76590] Sat, 25 April 2020 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talo Segura is currently offline  Talo Segura

Likes it here

Donald Trump's medical advice was, of course, broadcast around the world.
Here in France, his televised address ended with the usual warning "Please don't try this yourself."
I think perhaps they should have added - this practice is reserved for educationally impaired presidents only!
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76780 is a reply to message #76779] Sat, 25 April 2020 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5111&private=0
  • Attachment: asim.gif
    (Size: 98.13KB, Downloaded 720 times)
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76781 is a reply to message #76780] Sat, 25 April 2020 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The BleachGate announcement by @realDonaldTrump is a conspiracy to make sure only #Christians are left alive Mark 16 17:18 'if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them'

Well, if their god says it's ok, and if @POTUS says it's ok, it must be ok

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76782 is a reply to message #76781] Sun, 26 April 2020 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently online  ivor slipper

Likes it here

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5112&private=0
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #76925 is a reply to message #76590] Wed, 27 May 2020 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inventodoc

Getting started

I too am concerned that this has been tough on many people.   I live in a large household, so I'm never lonely though I do miss going to restaurants and sitting at cafes.    I think it is the worst for young people.  They are at extremely low risk and are stuck at home during an important phase of their development.   Hopefully, a vaccine will be available in short order.  

---------------------------
Inventodoc
Peace & Love to you
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77196 is a reply to message #76714] Sun, 09 August 2020 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5158&private=0

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5159&private=0
  • Attachment: IMG_6458.png
    (Size: 979.54KB, Downloaded 631 times)
  • Attachment: IMG_6456.png
    (Size: 318.42KB, Downloaded 636 times)
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77204 is a reply to message #77196] Tue, 11 August 2020 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

To continue the discussion on where we are, data out today that in the USA, one third of people would refuse a COVID-19 vaccine even if provided to them by the government for free!

That figure is comprised of 53% of Repurblicans and 41% of Independents. It certainly is an illustration on how Trump and his team have built on the foundation of bullheaded independent thinking by adding rabid anti-science thinking into the mix!

But wait, it's not limited to the US. It's less intense elsewhere, but the breadth of mis-information of the subject is staggering, most of it coming from social media, which is quite a commentary by itself!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5160&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2020 15:10]

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77205 is a reply to message #77204] Tue, 11 August 2020 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

As soon as one of the vaccines becomes available (UK, US, or China) which should be towards the end of next year,
then in a lot of countries it will probably be compulsory. 
Probably not in America and Europe, but you can be certain you would need to be vaccinated to travel to another country.
Reasonably you might need to be vaccinated to go to work or school.
Those who choose not to be vaccinated might be limited to staying at home and growing their own veggies.
Once 80% of the world is vaccinated the virus would likely disappear and the people who refused the jab could come out of their bunkers.
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77206 is a reply to message #77204] Tue, 11 August 2020 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have no problem with the huge Darwin Awards queue building up.

Bye, all y'all

Next!

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77208 is a reply to message #77206] Tue, 11 August 2020 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

Putin Announces Russia is rolling out world's firstt CV-19 vaccine. There seems to be a great deal of controversy over this announcement being done withtout proper trials.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/11/europe/russia-coronavirus-vac cine-putin-intl/index.html

[Updated on: Tue, 11 August 2020 19:07]

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77209 is a reply to message #77208] Wed, 12 August 2020 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Putin's main concern is being able to claim "First, Bigger, Faster and Better!" Whethere that is the case or not.

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77315 is a reply to message #77209] Fri, 11 September 2020 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Someone help me out please. Is this best described as irony, or with the Biblical phrase "as ye sow, so shall ye reap?"

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5185&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 11 September 2020 16:21]

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77317 is a reply to message #77315] Fri, 11 September 2020 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

Ukrainian orthodox. BIG surprise!
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77318 is a reply to message #77317] Fri, 11 September 2020 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5187&private=0
  • Attachment: covid.jpg
    (Size: 237.58KB, Downloaded 582 times)
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77319 is a reply to message #77317] Fri, 11 September 2020 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

And a quick reminder that the view is not limited to the Ukranian Orthodox!

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5188&private=0

Bensiamin
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77320 is a reply to message #77319] Sat, 12 September 2020 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Really getting into it

That doddering old fool needs to be put out to pasture. In one of his diatribes a few years ago he claimed that gay men would wear a special ring
with a razor point on it that was infected with the HIV virus. Then they'd go around shaking hands with people in orde to infect them too.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/S7XzA8VzkXg?start=110

S
eems to me that preaching the Gospel is damn good business. Guess I should have become a minister like I planned when I was in high school...

Robertson's extensive business interests have earned him a net worth estimated between $200 million and $1 billion.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 September 2020 01:52]

Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77321 is a reply to message #76715] Sat, 12 September 2020 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

"timmy wrote on Thu, 09 April 2020 17:09"
Face masks in surgery have always been to keep surgeon spit out of open bits of the patient

--

Isn't that what spittoons are for?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Re: Covid 19 - Coronavirus  [message #77338 is a reply to message #77321] Fri, 18 September 2020 20:58 Go to previous message

Likes it here

Anyone else in the same boat?

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5191&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 18 September 2020 20:59]

Bensiamin
Previous Topic: Random Thoughts
Next Topic: I have some questions about Atheism
Goto Forum: