A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > More Shameful self promotion
More Shameful self promotion   [message #70283] Wed, 07 October 2015 01:14 Go to previous message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Hello dear friends of IOMFATS,

I am currently writing a new story and wanted to basically let people know it was out there. Some of you may have read my current works based on this site such as... For Everything you Are, The Saturday Boy, and my last standalone book - Puppy for Sale, which Timmy is till kindly hosting for me as we speak. One thing I have never wanted to do (or try to do is promote a book I am writing which I am pretty sure will end up being on this site, because logically, if I did that, by the time it gets here people may have already read it elsewhere and where is the fun in that.

However...

Having been told by Timmy what sort of things he looks for when choosing a story and extensively reading his written criteria on the site, I am pretty certain I can make an exception on my current brand new novel as I'm pretty sure it will not fit into the genre / style that is normally taken here.

For any Sci-Fi / Fantasy fiction fans out there I am tapping away to create a new story in that genre. It is called PURITY. Having not written anything like this before and feeling right out of my comfort zone with my usual "boy meets boy" dramas I wanted to get some quality feed back on what folks think?

The first chapter is already posted, the second is with my editor and chapter 3, I am in the middle off so there is a good chunk of plot and character development to review.

If Timmy has no objections I would like to post the link to my new book for fans of that genre and get some food feedback as to what you might think?

Note to Timmy, If that is something your are not comfortable with then please let me know and I shall remove this thread.

In the meantime here is the story link: Press to be beamed right there!

Whether you like Purity, or in fact any of my stories either based here or on my own site please do comment be it positive or criticism as both are almost as good as being paid for my work. I love to hear what readers think for my stuff probably even more than the pleasure of writing the story itself.

All the best folks and happy reading.

Be safe

Westie

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=2106&private=0

[Updated on: Wed, 07 October 2015 01:18] by Moderator

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message