A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Cutting
Cutting  [message #70524] Sun, 08 November 2015 14:52 Go to previous message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

I've recently heard from the mother of a friend of mine that her teenaged daughter has started cutting herself again. I've said what I can to help her over the immediate shock of discovering this, stuff about asserting control over something, even if the control is negative and the only thing one can control is one's own body, stuff about substituting physical pain for emotional pain, and so on. At least cutting is probably less disastrous than the emotional numbness of heroin addiction (the mother is an ex-junkie, and my friend is trying hard to come off it after relapsing for a couple of years).

Does anyone have any useful advice, or could anyone suggest any useful on-line resources (either for the adults concerned, or to filter through channels for the girl to explore herself)?

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message