A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Sex is for married heterosexual couples only, says Church of England
Sex is for married heterosexual couples only, says Church of England  [message #76493] Thu, 23 January 2020 22:44 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Sex is for married heterosexual couples only, says Church of England is of interest

I read past it. It seems to me to be about the perceived difference between a "Civil Partnership", a sort of mostly marriage, and a religious marriage. It seems to miss out on a "Civil Marriage" but I confess to  TL;DR

I have long wondered why gay men and women wish for a marriage, using that specific word. I can see every virtue in a contract which allows full partneship abd heredity benefits including hospital (etc) visiting rights. Even so my long held view is that the LGBT word doesn't need 'marriage'. It's always been a heterosexual term. It has always irked the religious who consider they invented it.

Why did 'we' choose to irk those who feel their religion is more important than even theor own lives?

I see this announcement as the CofE attempting to take back control of its own little fantasy world.

I also think "fuck 'em" for they are trying to control the world's genitals yet again. How interesting that they are unable to control their own priesthood's genitals. Obviously their god's purpose for the clergy is to abuse small boys

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Rapist jailed
Next Topic: The Gay Fiction Library
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]