A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > angst until the final chapter
angst until the final chapter  [message #76904] Mon, 18 May 2020 19:35 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

I read 3-4 books from a Kindle author over recent months. That author is S. M. James, gender unknown, If you care to look them up. and writes a decent tale. I think this person writes a decent tale. I will be reading more of their work as time permits and there are no immediate complete online tales to read.

If there's a downside to this author's work it's the fact that there's no resolution to unrequited love untill near the end of the final chapter which is then followed by a epilogue of moderate length. 

This is a problem for me in ways, I guess mostly because I much prefer a tale where the characters fall in love much earlier and face whatever challenges may lie ahead for the remainder of the story. Most of the tales here on this site sesem to do that.

All that by way of asking what any of the rest of you think, assuming you have an opinion?

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett

Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: We Could Be Heroes
Next Topic: Moving on from Fidel is NumbaCruncha
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]