A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Thou Shalt Not Facebook???
icon6.gif Thou Shalt Not Facebook???  [message #64919] Wed, 17 November 2010 20:28 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Oh please, to what depths does this preacher imagine the devil at work on the internet. Maybe he should pour a gallon of holy water on his personal computer. Yes, that will scare the demons away.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40235085/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/?gt1=43001

By far, Christian thought edges towards the gutter more and more every day. It amazes me that anyone can seek refuge in this man's church.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Thou Shalt Not Facebook???  [message #64921 is a reply to message #64919] Wed, 17 November 2010 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm afraid this cult has always been about control of sex

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Re: Thou Shalt Not Facebook???  [message #64952 is a reply to message #64919] Sun, 21 November 2010 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

As we should have known...but read this yourself:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101120/ap_on_re_us/us_pastor_facebook_edict

The reverend at least chose his Bible study group to fool around, that brings a whole new meaning to "holy orders." As I'm sure we all knew at the first posting, hypocrites always seem to stand at the front of the line and decry what they like best. Worrying about Facebook now has a new dimension.

If the sermon was Lead Us not into Temptation this guy would have to stand up and reply:"I'm already there." Razz

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Thou Shalt Not Facebook???  [message #64953 is a reply to message #64952] Sun, 21 November 2010 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Why do they always bring we gay men into disrepute?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon7.gif Re: Thou Shalt Not Facebook???  [message #64977 is a reply to message #64919] Mon, 22 November 2010 18:46 Go to previous message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

It was bound to happen, but quicker then I thought it would read this article, I couldn't stop laughing!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_pastor_facebook_edict;_ylt=AneXLreWuA_EQ52EVZca2dGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNzcnV0cXVlBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMTIyL3VzX3Bhc3Rvcl9mYWNlYm9va19lZGljdARjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzQEcG9zAzEEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNmYWNlYm9va2ZvZXA-
Previous Topic: Another bag of nuts under the Christmas tree...
Next Topic: This is unacceptable
Goto Forum: