A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Update On Warren C. E. Austin's Health
icon4.gif Update On Warren C. E. Austin's Health  [message #64985] Tue, 23 November 2010 21:28 Go to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

23 NOV 10 1627 EST | Washington DC

I am on the phone with Alan Myers, Warren's eldest son, who has told me that Warren came through the surgery well, but that it revealed complications which may have a serious effect on his long term prognosis, However, Alan states that he is bearing the news cheerfully.
Re: Update On Warren C. E. Austin's Health  [message #64986 is a reply to message #64985] Tue, 23 November 2010 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Well, he's tough old sod. So, if bloody mindedness has any use it will get him through

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon14.gif A most heartfelt thankyou to you Brody and you tooTimmy; and  [message #64994 is a reply to message #64985] Thu, 25 November 2010 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... to all the others who have expressed their best wishses.

In an unexpected turn for the better, I was released, and sent home by Taxi-cab from hospital just after 12-Noon this afternoon. My eldest son Alan, and "My Little Thug" a.k.a. my Ward Ryan, were equally taken by surprise, just as I had been.

I must apologize to you all for this being my earliest opportunity to speak out and apprise you personally of my condition and it's overall prognosis.

The week of October 10th witnessed the first of three near successive Cardiac events, culminating very early in the morning of November the 9th with my undergoing a quadruple bypass operation to repair the damage sustained during the aforementioned events.

What should have been a rather routine procedure (or so I'm informed) was complicated when they cracked my chest to find not only was I in near total heart failure but that I was borderline respiratory failure as well; which required that I spend six-days in ICU before being transferred to acute care.

What I alone knew, and couldn't share with either of my children, my ward or with those of you here was that apparently there should have been little chance of my surviving the surgery, something known only to my executor, and the legal guardians to a family Trust made more than half-century ago by my great grand-father. I alone am the last survivor, administrator, and executor of that trust; a Trust that that made no provided for adoptive children. This created a legal quagmire, and necessitated the delay in my operation until I was able to instruct the Trust's lawyers to bind, forever and irrevocably, the original intent and terms of the Trust and enable either of my two adopted son's to succeed me in capacity as Administrator and Director should I fail to survive the operation. While my sons, as have my elder brother's daughters, each been financially well provided in separate trust arrangements of my own making 25-years ago, without the guarantees of succession of the Administration of the Trust this would not have stopped claimants for errant branches of the family from attempting to break the Trust. I simply could not allow that to happen. The Medical Team knew the stakes, and kept me alive along enough to execute the required bindings and once satisfied all was in place consent to my proceeding with the operation.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 25 November 2010 03:05]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: A most heartfelt thankyou to you Brody and you tooTimmy; and  [message #64995 is a reply to message #64994] Thu, 25 November 2010 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Warren! Well that's good news. Great to see you back on board. I've been thinking about you because - well, just because.

Take care & behave yourself!

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: A most heartfelt thankyou to you Brody and you tooTimmy; and  [message #64996 is a reply to message #64994] Thu, 25 November 2010 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I said you were a tough old sod Smile

Now the job you have is to allow some pampering and to get your strength back gently. A smidgen more each day is all you need to do. And, now your affairs are in order, do what the medics tell you!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A most heartfelt thankyou to you Brody and you tooTimmy; and  [message #64998 is a reply to message #64994] Thu, 25 November 2010 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Dear Warren...I am so glad the wishes became truth. Looking forward to your wit and wisdom as you recover, the hardest part of any major surgery. And now that the doctors have had their fun you must bask in the love and warmth of those around you who care the most. Cheers!

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
I returned to St Michael's Hospital for the day ...  [message #65082 is a reply to message #64985] Wed, 08 December 2010 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... yesterday in the company of my ward Ryan. Awakened at 06:00 Hrs (not an unusual circumstance), bathed and fully dressed, I began what would transpire as being the longest day I've had in a great long while, with Ryan and I returning home more than twelve hours later, I completely exhausted but none the worse for wear, with my young charge not much better off than I.

Poked, probed, prodded; x-rayed, echo-graphed, sono-graphed, MRI'd; and stress-tested not to discount the numerous blood-draws, sundry weightings and Lord only knows what all else, the quacks made their pronouncement:

All is as should be expected. Come back in a month's time and we'll do it all over again just to make certain.

So there you have it folks. I'm apparently going to make it after all.

Now the hard part begins ... learning to adapt and live all over again according to new rules. We'll just have to see how that's going to go (or not); but one thing is certain, I'll be doing it entirely smoke-free with this week being three months since I gave up cigarettes.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: I returned to St Michael's Hospital for the day ...  [message #65085 is a reply to message #65082] Wed, 08 December 2010 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Didn't I say you were a tough old sod?

Re: I returned to St Michael's Hospital for the day ...  [message #65089 is a reply to message #65085] Thu, 09 December 2010 04:29 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

That's what I get for missing board meetings. Really, really wish you good recovery. I am a bit ashamed for not getting to the forum in timely manner. You have been a good thoughful poster and I do read as much as I can from you. No excuses. So get back and stay chipper.

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Disturbing, but it lends creedence to the cause of bullying
Next Topic: "Kill The Gays" Bill Author David Bahati On Rachel Maddow
Goto Forum: