A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Is the truth drowning in a Papal See?
icon8.gif Is the truth drowning in a Papal See?  [message #65104] Sat, 11 December 2010 19:48 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

With thousands of cases of child abuse in dozens of countries around the world I have no doubt that the Pope and his fellow men in black would love to silence the issue.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101211/ap_on_re_eu/wikileaks

I have not been a fan of Mr. Assange and his meddling in foreign affairs, he is little more than another anarchist. Of course the information made public about the relationship between the Papal State and the Irish government was known to all in power and all it does is raise more questions.

If the Roman Emperor in Pope's robes see his few acres of land as a place for immunity from other national interests then let all...and I mean all...priests become citizens of that nation/state. I can see this would provide a wonderful opportunity to control those who molest.

Deportation would provide some relief from the bastards in black who diddle children in the confessional. Imagine a Papal State filled with thousands of such men. They would be bunking out in the Papal palace and the toilets would overflow in short order. Perhaps the Papal State would allow their citizens to remain in foreign country prisons to avoid such consequences.

To date an Irish priest is a citizen of that country and subject to it's laws. Obstructionist actions like those mentioned in the article constitutes interference with a foreign government. Although Popes from the past have fielded armies I doubt if the current Papal Guards would offer much resistance if pressed.

And since I am on a roll here, I doubt if the Italian government would offer much help. They are too busy trying to figure out who is prime minister...what day is it and I'll tell you.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: Is the truth drowning in a Papal See?  [message #65107 is a reply to message #65104] Sat, 11 December 2010 20:12 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

WIkileaks seems very closely aligned with The Guardian, a mainstream UK broadsheet.

I like your idea about Vatican nationality.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: When did you Choose?
Next Topic: Bacha Bazi US assisted?
Goto Forum: