A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Conservatives of Texas vs. Lawrence v. Texas
Conservatives of Texas vs. Lawrence v. Texas  [message #65571] Thu, 14 April 2011 07:01 Go to next message
yusime is currently offline  yusime

Likes it here

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/04/lawrence-texas-homosexual-conduct-statute

It almost looks like the Republicans are trying to reinstate punishment for gay men having sex even though they can't legally do anything about the fact that their law is unenforceable (that is the basic definition of Unconstitutional). Or maybe there still upset that its been 8 years since Lawrence V. Texas and theres not really the popular support for their proposals anymore.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake since for him a spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein
Re: Conservatives of Texas vs. Lawrence v. Texas  [message #65572 is a reply to message #65571] Thu, 14 April 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The comments below it are by no means all aghast. The first pignorant christianist one simply ignores the matter and bleats about the comments it is responding to.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
icon4.gif Re: Conservatives of Texas vs. Lawrence v. Texas  [message #65574 is a reply to message #65572] Thu, 14 April 2011 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

As the wire service I work for has a rich variety of material that is presented to its employee's daily as we trek through the morass that the Americans refer to as a culture, I too ran across that article.

No big deal as the GOP/Tea Party in Montana has also voted to keep their archaic and SCOTUS declared unconstitutional "homosexuality is a felony" statue on the books of that "enlightened" state of the American Union.

Really not even worth bothering to report on really. But, the comments were as Tim pointed out, far from supportive. Now I rarely dive into the cesspool that the "comments" sections have become on the web to participate and would not have here either save for one clueless old cow who arsed me so badly I just had to say something.

Here's the exchange:

Margo Yesterday 02:22 PM in reply to jmtaylor700
You're sadly mistaken about the Bible.. and frankly, I don't appreciate what you have to say, sir! Please know now and realize that not everybody on this site are spiritually lost renegades of whom are slothful in their position.

Jesus Christ died in flesh, spirit and soul.. so, we won't have to die spiritually and go to the place where each and every last one of us are most deserving to go... HELL! All we have to do is accept it and believe it by faith in Jesus Christ.. in order to have it. Or you can reject it and seal your own fate. In that latter case, you send yourself to Hell.
Flag
Like Reply

Here's what I said in response:

бродй Yesterday 04:28 PM in reply to Margo
Margo~

You quite obviously are one of the Christonazis who spend their lives in bliss as busy bodies who thrive on imposing Bronze Age fiction on the rest of your fellow citizens.

There is no, zero, zip proof that your alleged "savior" even existed and given that both the Romans as well as Jewish and other were meticulous record keepers I'm pretty certain that either would have provided empirical data that would have established that "Jesus" was real.
Your Holy Bible? *snort* Is Bronze Age mythology written to keep the citizenry acting and living their lives out in a "moral" fashion.

I'm glad you have faith, I'm just sorry it's based on a quaint fictional superhero who by the way according to your book of fairy tales really would despise you & your sanctimonious fellow beings as he really didn't care for Pharisees like you folks.

As for me? Your kind makes me retch.............
Flag
10 people liked this. Like

The truth is that as I told Warren Austin on the phone last night- I'm over even being polite when these so called "Christians" start in. If they don't get the hint that I'm not interested in listening to their fairy tales based on that wretched bronze age collection of mythology they worship- I end up resorting to just telling them to fuck off.
Re: Conservatives of Texas vs. Lawrence v. Texas  [message #65585 is a reply to message #65574] Fri, 15 April 2011 08:59 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

So you got a little cross, then?

I think 17 people like that piece now. Maybe it should appear in BN&S.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Pat Condell: The Trouble With Christianity
Next Topic: It was only going to be a matter of time ....
Goto Forum: