A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Leaving town with Jesus on Saturday...?
icon7.gif Leaving town with Jesus on Saturday...?  [message #65767] Thu, 19 May 2011 11:18 Go to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Not so fast, what are you going to do with Fido?

As Timmy has noted here on several occasions, Saturday is the predicted time of The Rapture when the Christian faithful will be returned to heaven.

As an athiest I can only smile and wonder at the prediction forecast by an 89 year old preacher from Oakland, California. Does all the insanity in America eminate from that state? Perhaps the Reverend Camping has other issues. At least the mainstream Christianists are ignoring him, but not so the athiests:

http://www.thegoodatheist.net/2009/11/10/rapture-pets/

Wish I had thought of this. Don't they always tell us you can't have enough insurance?

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:20]

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Beam Me Up, Scottie!  [message #65768 is a reply to message #65767] Thu, 19 May 2011 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Chris wonders if all the insanity in America eminates from California? From here, Cali looks like one of the saner parts, but that's not saying much.

I like a joke as much as the next guy and that's all Harold Camping is - a joke. (And unfortunate name, much?) He's been wrong before - 1994 was to be the end of all things, according to him - and he's wrong now.

Camping and his deluded followers came out of the Jehovah Witness Church/Cult. JW's confidently predicted the End of the World in 1874. It didn't happen, so they tried again in 1914, and then 1925, 1941 & 1975 when they finally decided to just shut up & stop making fools of themselves.

To be fair, those who are laughing loudest are christians - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QpvD3fi71Y&feature=related

My bro-in-law is a widely respected preacher/prophet/whatever. Being charitable, he says that Mr. Camping is a sad, deluded old man like so many others before him.

The moral of the story - Don't worry, be happy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bNE-5TVAmg

cheers

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: Beam Me Up, Scottie!  [message #65769 is a reply to message #65768] Fri, 20 May 2011 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benji is currently offline  Benji

Likes it here

Hahaha! I just got an e-mail about a nationwide prank to leave pieces of dry ice in old shoes and scatter some clothing around them on that morning in front of prominent areas of town or intersections. Very Happy
Re: Beam Me Up, Scottie!  [message #65770 is a reply to message #65769] Fri, 20 May 2011 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Don't despair at the seeming inanity of the Rapture on Saturday. What we will most likely find is that because no one actually gets raptured (not including those who get ruptured which is a different matter altogether) is that the number of Christian kooks may well decrease on Sunday when they realise no one got raptured, and that the whole thing was nothing more than another case of arrested mental development.

It may help if we open a website to counsel the unraptured as there may well be some people who find it difficult to cope with being confronted with reality for the first time in their lives.Surprised

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
12 Hours Later  [message #65773 is a reply to message #65770] Sat, 21 May 2011 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Still waiting!
  • Attachment: angels.jpg
    (Size: 40.73KB, Downloaded 368 times)

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: 12 Hours Later  [message #65783 is a reply to message #65773] Mon, 23 May 2011 05:25 Go to previous message
ray2x is currently offline  ray2x

Really getting into it

My ex brother in law is still here. I was hoping...

Raymundo
Previous Topic: Faggots!
Next Topic: If...
Goto Forum: