A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Memorial Day (U.S.A.)
Memorial Day (U.S.A.)  [message #67795] Thu, 06 June 2013 00:58 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

A Canadian journalist friend of ours helped me to remember battlefield fallen in an especially poignant manner.

Kindly take a moment or two and read his story of an elderly gentleman he encountered whilst passing through Washington D.C.'s Arlington National Cemetery this past Memorial Day.

For a lost soldier...

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: Memorial Day (U.S.A.)  [message #67798 is a reply to message #67795] Thu, 13 June 2013 17:52 Go to previous message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

I am quite convinced that throughout many wars pairs of gay men have joined up together rather than be separated, and have gone on to pay the ultimate price. I suspect that that old guy is the tip of an iceberg of gay men that have served with honour because love, loyalty and the willingness to die for one another are the essence of being gay. Being gay requires courage, and so does ending up in Arlington, both as a marker and as the guy standing there crying.
Previous Topic: Kicked Out For Being Gay.....
Next Topic: At last there is a quick way to tell
Goto Forum: