A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Photo sizes
Photo sizes  [message #68722] Sun, 16 November 2014 10:31 Go to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Tim, when you and Megaman get an idle moment, is there any chance that you could look at photo sizes on the forum? I don't know if the problem is just me, but big pix make all posts below them the same width as they are - which means a lot of sideways scrolling back and forth to read the the posts.

I run Firefox on Win7 on a netbook with a 1024px wide screen, which I wouldn't have thought was uncommon. On the iPad, the whole width of the post initially shows, but the font size is reduced to miniature, so I have to enlarge and scroll sideways again.

thanks

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Photo sizes  [message #68725 is a reply to message #68722] Sun, 16 November 2014 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We rely on folk to notice when the picture is too big and to replace it. It can be a right royal pain

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Photo sizes  [message #68726 is a reply to message #68725] Sun, 16 November 2014 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

There is no "Auto-size" capability built into the Forum software, such as is the case with most web-page builder software (brand-names widely differ here) likely used by most when creating internet content?

You may have noticed that within the past 10-years or so, images and web-pages themselves automatically resize themselves for the screen resolution you are employing on your monitor; this is accounted for by two phenomenon... firstly default selections made at the time of OS install (which may be fine-tuned and modified at any time thereafter by the user) and secondly by sizing elements incorporated within the web-browser which auto-size content to fit the parameters you have earlier selected as defaults in your OS.

Most Office-suites now have this capability too.  I know that stand-alone (off-line) editions of WordPress and similar web-blog content-creator and -readers now have this capability; as do the off-line EPub and MOBI-creators and -readers that I use.

Usually ubiquitous and seamless one only notices that it's not there when it becomes apparent there is a problem.

Re: Photo sizes  [message #68727 is a reply to message #68726] Sun, 16 November 2014 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Sun, 16 November 2014 18:24"
There is no "Auto-size" capability built into the Forum software, such as is the case with most web-page builder software (brand-names widely differ here) likely used by most when creating internet content?

You may have noticed that within the past 10-years or so, images and web-pages themselves automatically resize themselves for the screen resolution you are employing on your monitor; this is accounted for by two phenomenon... firstly default selections made at the time of OS install (which may be fine-tuned and modified at any time thereafter by the user) and secondly by sizing elements incorporated within the web-browser which auto-size content to fit the parameters you have earlier selected as defaults in your OS.

Most Office-suites now have this capability too.  I know that stand-alone (off-line) editions of WordPress and similar web-blog content-creator and -readers now have this capability; as do the off-line EPub and MOBI-creators and -readers that I use.

Usually ubiquitous and seamless one only notices that it's not there when it becomes apparent there is a problem.

--No. We rely on our users to be sensible.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Photo sizes  [message #68732 is a reply to message #68727] Mon, 17 November 2014 18:42 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

That, LOL, usually works too.
Previous Topic: The 11th hour of the 11th day of the eleventh month......
Next Topic: The Fall season (in the Northern Hemisphere) is a time of much celebration...
Goto Forum: