A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > KIA One million dollars for homeless kids
icon8.gif KIA One million dollars for homeless kids  [message #76729] Tue, 14 April 2020 01:45 Go to next message
Carl in Boston is currently offline  Carl in Boston

Getting started

KIA, the automaker, has begun airing TV commercials that point out the difficulties of homeless kids, especially now. They are giving a million dollars(US) to an assortment of non-profit partners to deal with Covid-19 issues. That's a lot of money, but probably a drop in the bucket of what's needed. I'm glad they are bringing attention to the problem, but my skeptical cynical side wonders if it's more about publicity than anything else. In any event, I thank them.(Tried to post a link, but I wasn't able) Google KIA homeless youth, and you'll see several:|

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2020 01:46]

Re: KIA One million dollars for homeless kids  [message #76731 is a reply to message #76729] Tue, 14 April 2020 06:36 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss/2020/04/12/kia-narrows -on-needs-of-homeless-youth-in-new-covid-19-commercial/

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Cyberbullying - Ronan Parke talks about his experiences
Next Topic: Yahoo email bounce
Goto Forum: