A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Is QAnon a threat to the LGBTQ community?
Is QAnon a threat to the LGBTQ community?  [message #77420] Tue, 20 October 2020 15:15 Go to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

I've been watching the conspiracy theory bubble and boil from afar, but it is spreading beyond the US and outside the confines of the presidential politics. 

This article begs the question: is QAnon, and the central tenet about pedophelia, a threat to the LGBTQ community?

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=5214&private=0

Read the Op-Ed in the NY Times here.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 October 2020 15:22]

Bensiamin
Re: Is QAnon a threat to the LGBTQ community?  [message #77422 is a reply to message #77420] Tue, 20 October 2020 22:46 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Yes, they are a definite danger. One of the main tenents of Evangelical Christianity and it's objection to LGBTQ equality is that they, particularly gay men, are pedophiles. This puts gay men, as supported by the "liberal agenda" directly in the crosshairs of QAnon and the Christian Right.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: Needed to talk about this. Advice, please?
Next Topic: Question about the website
Goto Forum: