A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > drs and the such
icon7.gif "Doctor" means "one who is able to teach"..  [message #32893 is a reply to message #32720] Sat, 17 June 2006 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Handyman is currently offline  Handyman

Likes it here

No Deeej,

The healing is effected by giving the body the materials & conditions it needs to repair & rebuild itself. With proper therapy, that is. Of course we must reset broken bones, etc.

Teddy Cool

Life's a trip * Friends help you through * Adventure on life!
Re: I've met my fair share of both really good and really ba  [message #32922 is a reply to message #32839] Mon, 19 June 2006 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
electroken is currently offline  electroken

Likes it here

Simon, I am not quite sure what is going on but I get the idea you will no longer be posting here. Now if it is because you think these guys here are unfeeling or are against you for some reason, do not fall into thinking that as I am sure it is just not true.

I can attest from my own viewpoint, that sometimes we can feel that way at times when we see that people don't always agree with us on some topic. I do that myself as most of these guys around here can attest, but I know it is just one of my shortcomings. I also know that my statements and views may not always meet with resonance here but they will be answered honestly and with very little rancor. Well, most of what I might think of rancor is probably only my perception and not very true.

I have not been around here long posting and such so I know it is important to give people some time to see the real you. I dont see condemnation and really never any ridicule. So if you are feeling bad in some way or think you are not wanted here, dont keep on with that feeling. I am only speaking in a speculative way as I have no real idea what may be the problem, if there is one.

I dont always stick around and post all the time but I try to read things and put in a comment now and then. I dont just feel like I am being tolerated in some condescending fashion and neither should you. Anyway I have read many of the things you have said in the time I have been here and you shouldn't feel you should have to leave.

If all of the above is an error in perception about Simon, then please just disregard it.

Ken
Well  [message #32931 is a reply to message #32922] Mon, 19 June 2006 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Ken,

I think I've understood more about Simon's situation from his "going away" post than I have from anything he posted before -- though it's probably my fault for not thinking laterally enough at the time.

I don't think it's a case of simply "going away" and "coming back": I think Simon posted that post for a reason, possibly because going away now is better than not coming in the near future.

Then again, it's perfectly possible that I've misread the situation too. All I can say with certainty is that I appreciated having Simon here.

David
Re: Well  [message #32933 is a reply to message #32931] Mon, 19 June 2006 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian1407a is currently offline  Brian1407a

On fire!

Deeej, Ken, Simon has gone away to die. Im sorry we didnt know. I wish we had known up front. I can only hope that he is with people who love him and are caring for him.

I believe in Karma....what you give is what you get returned........

Affirmation........Savage Garden
Re: Well  [message #32948 is a reply to message #32933] Tue, 20 June 2006 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deeej is currently offline  Deeej

Needs to get a life!

Brian, I understood that: my post was complementary to rather than a summary of Simon's.

It is interesting to read through Simon's first few posts now: there were several strong hints, and I feel bad for not having recognised them.

David
Re: Well  [message #32953 is a reply to message #32948] Tue, 20 June 2006 10:08 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

You know, Simon himself says he now prefers it this way. I'm sure he's watching. He is welcome to join back in. No-one treated Sammy any different just coz he was likley to be dying early.

As I said, people reveal what they want when they want.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Come back Deeej, all is forgiven ...
Next Topic: This is now the new server
Goto Forum: