A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > What are some of your favorite movie quotes
What are some of your favorite movie quotes  [message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 08:18 Go to next message
theerubberducky is currently offline  theerubberducky

Toe is in the water

Lilo and Stitch "Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind!"

"To the world you may be but one person, but to one person you may be the world!"

"Some people love you and some hate you.. those who hate don't know what they're missing and they're missing out!"

"Never underestimate your power to change yo
icon4.gif Matrix :  [message #15355 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smith is currently offline  smith

On fire!

"The difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
icon6.gif Lost Boys  [message #15356 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Death by Stereo
Sad)
I guess you have to see that movie to understand it.

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
icon6.gif Any Star Wars film  [message #15358 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

Which is just a tip of the hat to an old maxim. Always listen to the psychic. ::-) ;-D Wink Cool Razz

(Smiley Spoken Here)

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Birdcage~"I don't wear shoes because they make me fall down"  [message #15362 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body
icon4.gif Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Be Excellent to Each Other  [message #15364 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Words to live by...

So well spoken by Mr. George Carlin, of course...

And in light of all that has been going on lately....

Lets: BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah !!!!!!!!

Bam ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Hahaha!! Lost Boys  [message #15365 is a reply to message #15356] Thu, 25 September 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Yeah.......fried that blood sucker Very Happy I think that was one of the first times I watched a movie over and over to look at a guy :-[ The tall, long haired vampire.....just OMG !!
icon6.gif Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail  [message #15366 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"Here at Castle Anthrax we tend the sick and knit sexy underwear."

"There are some who call me......Tim?"

"Run Away!"

"Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robyn. When danger reared its ugly head, Sir Robyn bravely turned and fled. Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robyn."

"When you're a king you just know these things."

"If you return again I shall taunt you a second time!"

"I'm not dead yet."
"He says he's not dead yet."
"Oh he's a little liar."

"Oh Look, he oppressing me!"

"You don't dervie supreame executive authority from tarts flinging weapons out of standing bodies of water!"

icon6.gif Coneheads  [message #15369 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"France! We are from France!"

"You shall.....narfale the garthack!"

Re: What are some of your favorite movie quotes  [message #15372 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

yay, andy!! i love this one!! okay, here goes okay:

"...there's a live rocket in him, sir!" -- black hawk down

(there's a story to that one ... my brother and i adore that movie, and when i was on a gourney about 20 minutes from possibly having my intestine explode (aka massive pain), my brother came up from the ER to sit with me until i got put to sleep. meantime, the pain is intense and he's trying to sway my attention from it, until one of the doctor's went by and he basically screamed that line above to said doctor, and i received a pain shot. ehehe.)

"you're making a broad generalisation."
"no -- more like a generalisation about broads." -- clerks

"it's hard to let go, isn't it?"
"yes it is, bill."
"what can I tell you. that's life." -- meet joe black

my void does not want.

Couldn'r resist more from Monty Python...  [message #15381 is a reply to message #15372] Thu, 25 September 2003 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

"What have the Romans done for us?" (What movie is this from...?)
It's the same one that ended with several dying people singing, "You've got to look on the bright side of life..."

"How do you know she is a witch?"

"I un-clog my nose in your general direction..."

"I've hacked your arm off!!"
"Have not...it's just a scratch..."

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon6.gif Re: Couldn'r resist more from Monty Python...  [message #15398 is a reply to message #15381] Thu, 25 September 2003 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

the movie--GONE WITH THE WIND comes to mind for me......rob
Re: What are some of your favorite movie quotes  [message #15405 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ch.oo.lo is currently offline  ch.oo.lo

Toe is in the water

"I'd like to share a fevlation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans to now. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, unil every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same patter. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure." -Agent Smith "The Matrix"
[Okay, so it isn't nice but it makes you think... or at least it made me think.]

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." -Narrator, "Fight Club"

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." -Tyler Durdan, "Fight Club"

"We are defined by the choices we make." -Tyler, "Fight Club"

"Don't call it cheating, call it 'taking advantage of the available resources'. That /is/ what they tell you to do, right?" -Me

"Hitting bottom isn't a weekend retreat! It's not a seminar! You have to forget everything you know, everything you think you know -- about life, about friendship, about you and me." -Tyler, "Fight Club"

There are more, I'm just too lazy to post them. There might be some more (happier) quotes later on though.

-Ch.Oo.Lo
icon7.gif Life of Brian, the rest are from The Holy Grail  [message #15409 is a reply to message #15381] Thu, 25 September 2003 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arich is currently offline  arich

Really getting into it

No Message Body

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Other's just come to harm
Re: What are some of your favorite movie quotes  [message #15413 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I have been reluctant to post this one because it is kinda evil.

"Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell" -Pinhead- from Hellrasier

Anyway I got a laugh out of it

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: Birdcage~"I don't wear shoes because they make me fall down"  [message #15418 is a reply to message #15362] Thu, 25 September 2003 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

"Gays in the military, who cares? And those haircuts ...."

icon6.gif Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  [message #15426 is a reply to message #15350] Thu, 25 September 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

"A Jose Canseko bat?! Tell me, you didn't pay for this, did you?" - Raphael

Re: What are some of your favorite movie quotes  [message #15439 is a reply to message #15350] Fri, 26 September 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M is currently offline  M

Likes it here

" The universe is going to expand and collapse again and again forever. Everything you do now, every single mistake is going to repeat itself forever. You better make things right now because now is the only time you have" - K-PAX

"I know what your asking. Did i fired five or six bullets?
The question is, Do you feel LUCKY punk" - Dirty Harry

You don't love someone because they are beautiful, they are beautiful because you love them.
icon7.gif Re: Couldn'r resist more from Monty Python...  [message #15510 is a reply to message #15381] Fri, 26 September 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

...and David... can we ever forget "The Knights Who Say Ni?????"...LOL !!Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad)

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
icon7.gif Re: Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail  [message #15525 is a reply to message #15366] Fri, 26 September 2003 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

D', reading these quotes today just made me smile the biggest smile today... i will have to register this as my smile today.....

Thanks for reminding me of my favorite comedy movie (I just bought the 6 DVD set of the original MP shows.... )

Smiles and Hugs...
BamBam Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad) Sad)

icon6.gif Re: Couldn'r resist more from Monty Python...  [message #15612 is a reply to message #15381] Sun, 28 September 2003 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
robert bryce is currently offline  robert bryce

Really getting into it

Dirty Harrys Clint Eastwood-------MAKE MY DAY--------visit ***.....rob
Re: What are some of your favorite movie quotes  [message #15618 is a reply to message #15350] Mon, 29 September 2003 01:29 Go to previous message

On fire!

"Oh I'm not gay. Do I come off as gay to you?" -Ben Aflek- Dogma

Seargent: "Are either of you practicing homosexuals"?

"No but we are willing to learn" -Harold Ramus- Stripes

Previous Topic: A resounding silence
Next Topic: My smile for today ....
Goto Forum: