A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > My adoptive father's older sister died today.
My adoptive father's older sister died today.  [message #15597] Sun, 28 September 2003 15:47 Go to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

I was just told by his wife. He's a bit upset right now, which I can understand. I didn't know her all that well, having only met her a handful of times over the years, but he feels a lot more of course, having grown up with her and all...

She was the oldest out of four, and kinda frail and sickly. She'll be cremated in France where she lived most of the time and then there'll be a memorial in Stockholm later on, though when all this will happen nobody knows. It only just happened after all. I wonder if I'm expected to attend or not. Guess I am, though I'm honestly not too keen on it. It's a long trip by car, and I don't like long car trips. Especially if we have to stay overnight somewhere at a strange place like my adoptive father's other older sister's house, which might be the case this time.

Oh well. Time will tell what happens.

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon9.gif Huge Hugs, Lenny !!!!!!!  [message #15599 is a reply to message #15597] Sun, 28 September 2003 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Lenny, my thoughts, prayers and support are with you...

and as you said, time will tell what to do... but just know someone on this planet somewhere cares about your heart and life in this matter...

((((((((((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))

BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Re: My adoptive father's older sister died today.  [message #15604 is a reply to message #15597] Sun, 28 September 2003 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Today, ironically, I will be with my family today too. My uncle died on Friday.

Perhaps they are both in a better place.

Much love to you and your family,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: My adoptive father's older sister died today.  [message #15606 is a reply to message #15597] Sun, 28 September 2003 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

(i don't know if this posted or not, so...)

love and light for you, and your adoptive father, lenny...

((((smootch))))
h.

my void does not want.

This may be a good chance for you  [message #15607 is a reply to message #15597] Sun, 28 September 2003 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I know your relationship with your adoptive parents is difficult, but it may be a reason to choose to come closer together with them. Thsi has ot be entirley your business and decision.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Thanks Heathyr...  [message #15609 is a reply to message #15606] Sun, 28 September 2003 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

It means a so much to hear you say that (hugs in return), and thanks to you other guys too. All your words are much appreciated.

Thought he would call me, but he hasn't so far. Oh well... Now it's bedtime.

Girl, I'll try to get your email written to you tomorrow, I really will. Hope nothing conspires against me to mess with that goal. Luv ya, and thanks again...

Take care, everyone.
-L

direct my sail."

My condolences to your family, Lenny....  [message #15640 is a reply to message #15597] Tue, 30 September 2003 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

and a big hug for you.

Hugs, Charlie
My prayers to you and your family, Kevin...  [message #15642 is a reply to message #15604] Tue, 30 September 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charlie is currently offline  charlie

Really getting into it

and another big hug for you.

Hugs, Charlie
icon7.gif Thank Charlie ....  [message #15643 is a reply to message #15642] Tue, 30 September 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I really apreciate that.

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon3.gif Thanks... It is really appreciated!  [message #15689 is a reply to message #15640] Tue, 30 September 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

No Message Body

direct my sail."

icon9.gif Re: My adoptive father's older sister died today.  [message #15696 is a reply to message #15597] Tue, 30 September 2003 23:12 Go to previous message
e is currently offline  e

On fire!

Sorry Lenny. Thinking good thoughts for you and your family.

{{{HUGS}}}

Think good thoughts,
e
Previous Topic: fantastic/awesome feature
Next Topic: Tim, about the writing thingy......
Goto Forum: