A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > My Smile for Today
My Smile for Today  [message #15616] Mon, 29 September 2003 00:45 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Sorry Guys I don't like real long threads so heres a new one Smile

My smile for today was at church this mornign my sandals got wet so I took them off and was walkign around barefoot. Pastor Tom came up to me and asked me where my shoes are and I told him that this was a holy place we should all walk barefoot. He stared at me a few minutes then smiles and kicked off his shoes. I was so happy ebcuase now we were both barefoot. He actually did the whole service barefoot. I dunno that just made me happy. So yup I smiled Smile

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
icon7.gif My original idea was that we post a new thread each day ...  [message #15617 is a reply to message #15616] Mon, 29 September 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

And to let the old one fade away.

Today I was at a wake for my uncle. Normally not a happy day, but getting together with some of my family and sharing old stories made me smile several times. Was nice to see alot of my cousins.

Have a smile today,

;-D ;-D ;-D

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
icon7.gif Re: My Smile for Today  [message #15619 is a reply to message #15616] Mon, 29 September 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

after what was quite a long day remodeling my barn, I had to run to Wal Mart to get a new road atlas for work... and some candles...

I checked out at a register that was being run by a young guy whose name tag said "TJ."

As I approached the register, TJ looked at me in the eye, and very warmly said "Hello." He then checked me through and told me my purchase was like 15 bucks or something... but by this time, his demeanor had me almost melting at my knees... and no, it was not a gay thing this time... just an overwhelming pleasantness and sweetness. He gave me my change and said "Thank you for coming in !!!"

A very simple day shopping at WalMart, but this young guy really made me smile the way he took care of me, a customer....

BamBam:-)

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
icon7.gif Re: My Smile for Today  [message #15623 is a reply to message #15619] Mon, 29 September 2003 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

I wasn't really planning on smiling today because I feel a little worried about my adoptive father. He didn't call me yesterday and he tends to internalize everything, he doesn't say whenever he's sad or in pain (like if his back hurts like it does sometimes). He's stubborn that way, but also very duty-bound. I admire that, he manages to keep on somehow and do his duty despite whatever difficulties he is facing.

Anyway, I still worry. I don't exactly love him, but I do care about him and I hope he's okay today. He's at work (of course, what else would he do? Heh), and hopefully doing fine.

Anyway, I did smile a little today too because I went shopping (which is almost always fun, especially if I shop for stuff *I* want), and almost all my purchases worked out really well.

I found two archiving boxes made of strong, thick cardboard (graphite grey in color) for the archive rack I "stole". Well, it was just standing there abandoned on a walkway here where I live so I took it home and cleaned it up, thinking I might be able to put it to good use holding magazines or something. Then I realized it was meant to hold boxes instead so therefore the Great Box-Hunt began! Smile

It is kinda old, made of tubing and takes four such boxes, each 40*35*28cm (d*w*h), there's a handie in one end of each and the lid flips open the other way. Unfortunately they were a bit expensive at almost 300skr each so I could only buy two initially. I'll probably pick up the other two later this month. I will fill them with old computer parts and floppy disk boxes I keep in my bookshelf, stuff that is just collecting dust at the moment. That way I can fit more books and comics instead, stuff that is easier to keep clean.

I also bought another stainless steel waste basket, this one for my new, shiny bathroom. I don't plan on actually USING it (for, uh, used tampons, etc... Ummm... Yeah), it's just supposed to stand there and look nice and shiny. Hope it doesn't rust. It might actually do that because it's brushed metal, and if the steel isn't stainless but regular, it's going to turn orange in no time at all in there. I kept the receipt, just in case. It does have these decorative square holes in it which I hope will help to vent any moisture in it...

Then I bought a can of compressed air, to clean out my power supply with. The fan in my pooter's power supply started whirring late last night (a simply god-awful, unbearable noise), so the first thing I bought today was actually a new fan, an Y.S. Tech 80mm*25mm unit. Switching the old fan for the new was an adventure in itself, because the PSU in my Dell was like a puzzle. Previous PSUs I've opened have had just a single circuit board in them, but this one had two. One large, and one small squashed up right at the rear near the fan. Of course both had to come out. I also had to unscrew the power-plug socket (which was attached with two screws with nuts on the back side just to be extra annoying). Well, I got the fan switched (twirling up the power cord to the fan so it wouldn't get tangled up in the blades or anything like that) and then reassembled everything again. Computer is nice and quiet once more...

Power supply fans are usually equipped with el-cheapo sleeve bearings, they tend to fail fairly soon. As I load my PSU pretty highly it's not safe to not have a fan going in there, when the old fan decided to stop whirring it went up to maximum speed due to the PSU getting so warm.

Anyway. Compressed air. I bought the bottle (about $10; it's HUGE and filled with something that isn't actually air, it says not to point it at flames, heh heh!), and then when I was going to actually use it I popped the cap and found there was no nozzle inside... Rofl. You're supposed to buy that separately! So I wound up blowing the PSU clean with lungfuls of ordinary air instead. Not exactly what I expected, but it worked. Was much cheaper too... Wink

In all though, some nice purchases. I feel satisfied. Now I can start cleaning out my bookshelf of old useless junk and stuff into my nice new boxes!

Thanks guys for your smiles. They were all good ones, mine isn't so impressive in comparison, but I still wanted to tell what I did today.

Hugs:
-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
icon7.gif I found a REAL smile today!  [message #15637 is a reply to message #15623] Mon, 29 September 2003 22:58 Go to previous message
lenny is currently offline  lenny

On fire!

When today was almost over, Nicky made me smile by telling me I made him smile!

Heathyr, this belongs to you as well, because I smile when you say I mean something to you. I smile, because you mean so much to me.

And, I saw a squirrel today! I'm putting a pic on in my webspace in a few mins where you can see it. Maybe. It was so fast, it just hopped away into all the branches and leaves without consideration for me when I wanted to take a pic of it. Thus, it's not really a pic of a squirrel. More like a pic with a squirrel IN it. Smile

http://w1.318.telia.com/~u31827170/ (Jonas deleted to make Timmy happy, though he overreacted.)

Thanks...

Hugs.

-L

"But he that hath the steerage of my course,
direct my sail."

-William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene IV
Previous Topic: My smile for today ....
Next Topic: Must be pheremones
Goto Forum: