A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > ACRO KICKS ASS
icon6.gif ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15638] Mon, 29 September 2003 23:34 Go to next message
thirdfencepost is currently offline  thirdfencepost

Really getting into it

Aww dmanit I just typed a real long entry but I netered the worng password so I lost it shoot. Well this will probably be an abriged version now sorries!! Ok lets start at the beginning. First off Acro Is acrobatics.. It is like floor gymnastics (I dont do parell bars or any of that razy stuff. Monday nights are acro nights for me at dance school land. Well Today just kicked ass as you will soon see.

Well at dancetonigth I was jsut rockin. I started off with some front overs and kartwheels and roundoffs. My round off. Wow I was getting some massive height. I must be developing some nice muscles inmy legs from all the hiking and dancing I do now becuase I was really springing. So I did a roundoff with a toe touch in it that must have been pretty amazing to see becuase Ben congratulated me afterwards on it so that made me happy. Then I did some sweet runnign double cartwheels and the such. Next came the infamous front overs( like a font walk over excep tyou land in a back bend on two feet instead of 1 its how you learn to do front walk overs.)

Well my teacher told me after I finished doing 4 or 5 of them that I was getting very stable like that and if I wnated to we could ty front walkovers soon. She was probabbly figuring like next week or next month. I looked at her and grinned and said sure how about now. So we did them 6 total 3 on each side. I got up from the first one and was jsut like wow that as the most amazing thing I have ever done. YOu really feel the diffrence. Just changing the palcemtn and landing on a simple move make such a diffrnece. Sunddenly it was like wow that felt nice. Lets do that again.

So then came backwalkovers. Before my teahc will spot you she requires that you try a few on your own. She doenst want to just be lifting deaad weight week after week through tricks. So I did a mat of back walkovers and they were working nicely I wasnt having the wandering leg syndrome I am normally prone to. (where on leg swings out and around instead of going straight over my head) So then she spotted me for 3 where she kept her hands on my back and leading leg basically keeping me from falling then deciding that I was doing them well enough instead of holding me she just put her arm out and I did three backwalkovers right over her arm without any help I was so happy!!

Lets see so to dance today I was to lazy to put on my leatard so I just wore this new stretchy grey shirt I have. It is tight enough to stay in place but loose enough to not be skin tight. It is a ncie combo of spandex and cotten I really like the thing. Then I wore my tights and a pair of dark blue shorts with a grey stripe on the side! Yay! I was even matching tonight. So it was a pretty good night and I am so happy with myself!

Now then. At school a lot of you know how depressed I was becuase I was positive I failed my math test a few days ahgo. OMY God I got a B on it !! I can't believe ti I mena I got an 80!!!! That soooo passing I am so happy. Well then we ahd a pop quiz today in math I am holding my breathe. I fear for the worst though since I forgot my calculator at home and was forced to do all the computations out by hand. Which isn't so easy once you hit precalc. Umm I got a B on my Beowolf test in english Smile And yeah It was just an overall good day So I am very happy.

Peace and Trees
and Love and Hugs
~Andy:-()

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15641 is a reply to message #15638] Tue, 30 September 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kevin is currently offline  kevin

On fire!

I just want you to know how much I love when you have a good day. It even made mine, really.

I had a tough few days, but reading your post did the trick to make me smile ear to ear.

Much love you everyday,

Kevin

"Be excellent to each other, and, party on dudes"!
Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15646 is a reply to message #15641] Tue, 30 September 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
david in hong kong is currently offline  david in hong kong

On fire!

WHEEEEEE...It was sooo much fun reading your post today...Kevin's right, it gives such a lift to our day!

Hey, I didn't know there was a name for that wandering leg syndrome...I just thought I was always being a klutz...or is the syndrome only for when you're doing acro?? For me, it happens just walking doewn the street!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them quite so much." Oscar Wilde
icon7.gif Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15647 is a reply to message #15638] Tue, 30 September 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

What I try to do to prevent losing something I’m posting here is to type it on a Word document first, then copy and paste it to the reply screen here (although naturally there are times when I don’t listen to myself, and something happens to make me lose what I was typing).

In the annals of days I’d like to forget ever happened, this one has already gone right to the top of the list; but seeing how good your day was makes me feel a lot better. Thanks, Andy.

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
icon6.gif Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15648 is a reply to message #15646] Tue, 30 September 2003 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ron is currently offline  ron

Really getting into it

You mean, it's not just "an American in Asia" type thing, David? Phew, that's reassuring! Wink

We do not remember days...we remember moments.

Cesare Pavese
icon14.gif Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15652 is a reply to message #15638] Tue, 30 September 2003 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yourbestgayfriend is currently offline  yourbestgayfriend

Likes it here

Andy.... Hooray for you today !!!!! No flying leg anymore... walkovers in both directions.... WAY COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge Hugs for your accomplishment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

BamBam

Celebrate your life... embrace your love... Become intimate with your place in forever !!!
Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15655 is a reply to message #15638] Tue, 30 September 2003 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
misplaced is currently offline  misplaced

Really getting into it

way to go, andy! that sounds so awesome -- and also congrats on the B on the test, too! Wink Smile ;-D

my void does not want.

icon6.gif Re: ACRO KICKS ASS  [message #15661 is a reply to message #15638] Tue, 30 September 2003 13:18 Go to previous message
dartagnon is currently offline  dartagnon

Likes it here

Not gonna say much, Kiddo, but I told you so!

cya on the other side.....

It's not the wolf you see you should fear, but all the ones he howls with. Don't be afraid of the song, but don't piss off the choir.
Previous Topic: Must be pheremones
Next Topic: fantastic/awesome feature
Goto Forum: